Wysiwyg editor option

Adding a WYSIWYG HTML Editor to AppSheet

It would be nice to embed a WYSIWYG editor in your form to do the following:

1. Add formatting such as bold, italic, and underlining.
  2. Create headings (H1, H2, and so on)
  3. Embed links.
  4. Use different font faces, sizes, and colors.
  5. Insert bulleted and numbered lists.
  6. Create dynamic outputs using variables (behavior) elements.
  7. Left-align, right-align, center, and justify text.
  8. Embed images, videos, and more.

Logic: Use a WYSIWYG to create, style, or edit table content. Then add a new “Template Page” view to dynamically create styled single pages from the editor’s HTML output.

Desired Outcome: The editor then converts this formatted text into HTML when the form is sent. Likewise, WYSIWYG could use data in the form of variable data. For example {{last_name}} comes from table data, tags, workflow, and behaviors, Appsheet would/could build dynamic user experience pages, emails templates, or even embedded code snippets.

Status Open
12 6 896
6 Comments
Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

Appsheets more focused on a No Code solution rather than a code based solution. Very doubtful to ever get this kind of a solution. I mean you can partially make 1,2,3,4,8(images dont think you can do videos) already in Appsheet in some form and you can realistically make 5 and 6 happen with some workarounds. If you desire/need a wysiwyg solution Appsheet is probably not the solution. I wouldn’t say that will never happen but I’m pretty sure that ain’t gonna ever be available here.

WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Hang on!

WYSIWYG is the ultimate in no-code development for creating UX views to build a more custom looking UI. The idea, at least in my mind, is a drag-and-drop editor for placement of the fields then select each field to apply formatting rules, alignment, sizing, colorization, etc. This is already supported in almost all IDE’s to free developers from the tedious work of custom field placement when writing code to do it - which is how it was done for many years!

((For those who don’t know…WYSIWYG stands for “What You See Is What You Get”))

I do agree that there are a lot of Feature Requests that should probably happen between now and when a WYSIWYG editor can be made available. However, I think this is an excellent feature request and should be the golden goal that AppSheet strives for. Once such an editor is in place, the horizon for AppSheet apps will instantly and legitimately expand into the non-business app space as well!

Kody_King

Couldn’t agree with you more. Well said. “Once such an editor is in place, the horizon for Appsheet apps will instantly and legitimately expand into the non-business app space as well!”

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

joe_brackenboro
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I agree needs this feature and is no code approach, It just needs this type of editor where you can ass Bold etc, same as this one I am using now.

joe_brackenboro_0-1653990639941.png

andersonid
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I'm here 'cause was searching for an option for rich editing on my app.  

It's a must have feature for low/no-code platforms.