Xero Integration

I am looking to integrate my Timesheet App with Xero Payroll. Has anyone developed or had experience with this process. Zapier G/Sheets integration with Xero seems limited to invoicing etc but not sure if Zapier will allow payroll with cost codes etc. Any advice/experiences would be helpful please. Many Thanks

2 21 1,547
21 REPLIES 21

@Craig_Clancy1
You can provide that functionality by creating a Google Apps Script project which will make a doPost(e) call to XERO REST API, publishing it as a webapp and using it as an endpoint URL for a Webhook Workflow. We have made integrations with Quickbooks API in the past, so itโ€™s possible.

Thanks Lavent. Much appreciate the direction.

I wish a short tutorial was available showing an example how this might work. Itโ€™s not as much about Xero as the target, but how Appsheet, google script, webapps, and the app can be leveraged together. I am sure others might find this interesting as well. If anyone knows of examples please share so others can learn?

@Mike
As ABLE3, we will soon announce a webinar about use of Google Apps Script, installable triggers and standalone webhooks and how to integrate them with an AppSheet app. Please stay tuned.

That would be great! Very interested when that becomes available.

Hello @Mike
You can subscribe to our mailing list from the below link to get Early Access to our webinars. You can opt-out/un-subscribe any time you want.

ABLE3 Ventures Maillist Subscription Page

Nice! Will sign up right now

Signed up. Cheers Lavent.

@LeventK  I appreciate this post may be old... but like Mike I would love to learn more and see some working examples. I tried the link posted, but it no longer works. Did the webinar go ahead? Also since I am looking to build an API between a 3rd party app (not the run-of-mill) and AppSheet where the 3rd Party pushes data... to AppSheet any pointers would be useful.  Thank you in advance.

@LeventK is no longer an active participant of the community.

@Steve may be I am, who knows mate๐Ÿค—

I hope you are well, sir!

Hi @LeventK 

Thank you for responding. As I missed the original webinar was it recorded or is there a chance of finding out more on how the interaction worked? @Steve anything you have on interaction with 3rd party apps like Zero (not involving Zapier) would be great. Finding it difficult to find working examples .

Thank you both in advance.

I have no experience integrating with third parties, so I'm afraid I have nothing to offer.

Thanks for your interest in subscribing @Mike, @Craig_Clancy1
You will receive a notification email from our system once we set-up and announce the webinar. Cheers.

Really appreciate the knowledge sharing. I am in Australia so not sure of the timezones so I may not be able to attend.Do you record the webinars?

@Craig_Clancy1
We will try to organize the time considering the timezone differences. May be we can split the webinar, havenโ€™t discussed the details yet.

With busy lives its difficult to take the time out during business hours. I hope it fits, but understand you need to cover for the majority of your audience.

@Craig_Clancy1
It will possibly be a paid event and it will be recorded. Provided you cannot catch it online, you will have the chance to streamline it, no worries. This way or the other, we will think about an optimal way

Following, ty!

Worth trying Integromat via Google Sheets API:

Top Labels in this Space