XREF - External References (internal to appsheet)

The general appsheet concept is to have many “smaller” applications instead of one big one. An XREF is needed to help this along a bit. Other than the data itself, there is not linkage between apps, aside from deep links and workflows… but something a little more native would help…

When I’m in my materials app, it would be great if I could have the project table as an external reference, so I don’t need the project table actually in the materials app. The XREF would need to bring in just the key and labels from that project table… So when you assign an XREF, you would select the app, and associated table…

This would allow you to still have the standard chevron, that let’s you navigate to the parent, which would be a deep link to the connected app… And it also let’s you see and utilize the record keys and labels…

Status Open
2 3 449
3 Comments
Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Create another worksheet with only the key and label columns, use formulas to populate those columns from the original table (e.g., in the header column, ={FromSheet!A:A}), add the worksheet as a read-only table to your app.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

That’s what I currently do.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager