XY base image

Jorge_Carreon
Participant III

Hello all! My problem is that the Default XY base image which is taken from a lookup table does not show. The reason is that the underlying child (related) map location still has no pin placed. Only after an existing pin has been earlier placed does the base image appear correctly.
How do I display the base image (not the Google map!) even when no pin has yet been placed?
Big thanks for any clue or solution!

0 7 582
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

When you create the image, you can use the add a row action to put a dummy pin on the mapโ€ฆ

@Adam This has been brought up in a few other locationsโ€ฆ Currently when there is no pin, we see just a google map usuallyโ€ฆ It would be better if it was anything elseโ€ฆ

Yes thanks, I was thinking along that line too I just thought there was a conditional expression that would work!

No, unfortunatelyโ€ฆ the table of โ€œPoints of interestโ€ฆโ€ would be filtering down to nothing, thus no reference for the system to lookupโ€ฆ So you basically need to add a dummy pinโ€ฆ or get crazy with conditionals to make sure you donโ€™t show a blank list to anyoneโ€ฆ

hi, you mentioned an event action on a row, could you elaborate on this pls? thanks for the tips

when you are creating the record for the background image, you could fire an โ€œOn Saveโ€ action to add the dummy pin to the โ€œpin tableโ€

@Jorge_Carreon Iโ€™ve reported this bug here:

In the mean time you have to use a dummy pin. But you can make this Dummy Pin transparent, so it doesnโ€™t show up

Hi, thanks for these tips! Yes indeed I can make the pins transparent, I can find how, but if you can tell me now itโ€™ll make my life less difficult.
I also am able to add the dummy pin, but manually for each child. How do I create a batch action for all the children without pins?
Thank you again for any advice

Top Labels in this Space