XY Map without XY value (Remove Detail Sidebar)

I have been using XY coordinates and images to create full zoom capabilities without opening another browser window. This is very important for data validation off of images, being able to look at a zoomed in image while entering data.

My issue is, either I create a 50,50 coordinate and am faced with a pin always covering the image, or using a blank coordinate and getting the blank gray detail sidebar. See sidebar example below

If you could either:

1. Set some option to show/hide pins on maps or xy images
  2. Make the detail sidebar not show at all when a coordinate is blank
  3. Make some equivalent image zoom view that wouldn’t require this xy work-around

I believe any of these solutions would be very useful to anyone.

Status Open
1 7 630
7 Comments
Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

Really creative solution.
Do the XY still need to be a perma link?
You could try formating the pin itself so that it’s very very small and not in the way… maybe at 0,0…

Rosemary_Black

Formatting the pins only works when viewing an entire map/image (multiple pins), not a single pin. Viewing the details of a single pin always puts the large red pin in the way.

Making the coordinate 0,0 does put the pin at the corner, but the image is always centered at the pin, so you are annoyingly scrolling over to the whole image instead of viewing 1/4th of it.

I have the XY image pulling from an image url in another column. Getting distinct images isn’t the problem.

Fabian_Weller
Gold 1
Gold 1

Under UX - Options you can set the Map pin limit to 0. Does this help?

Rosemary_Black

Yes! TY @Fabian This works, and this is all that I need this app to do, so it’s a solution for now. If I had other map functions going on, this would not work, because it is a global setting.

Thank you so much for suggesting it, I wouldn’t have though of that.

Fabian_Weller
Gold 1
Gold 1

You’re welcome. We are helping each other

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

Awesome stuff!

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager