AppSheet @ Cloud Next 2024 Wrap up

Greetings AppSheet Community!

We’ve wrapped up Cloud Next ‘24, but we had some engaging sessions and exciting announcements. If you couldn’t make it to Vegas or you just want to revisit some of the sessions, here are some highlights and links to the event.

Our own Matthew Zito (@zito) hosted a customer panel with Globe Telecom and Airbus where Red Jaques Bernaldez and Rhys Phillips shared some of their success stories using AppSheet. Christian Schalk (@cschalk_ws) and Mariz Melo (@marizmelo), from our AppSheet product team, also showed how you can extend AppSheet with Google Cloud AI.

And what Next conference would be complete without some new feature announcements? Here’s what you can expect to see in the coming months:

• Gemini in AppSheet for app creation - creators can get started easily just by describing a business process or app idea
  • AI data extraction - add AI to apps and use Gemini to analyze photos and fill out forms
  • Google Forms integration - build powerful workflows on top of Google Forms
  • Integration Connectors for AppSheet - access data from even more enterprise systems using the vast library of connectors through the Integration Connectors platform
  • Org policies - define and enforce the rules that should apply to your entire organization
  • AppSheet Admin Console - monitor, manage and govern AppSheet across your organization in a consolidated place

Some of these exciting features will be available as previews, and you can request to be added at http://goo.gle/appsheet-previews.

Here are links to some of the AppSheet goodies from Cloud Next ‘24!

Opening Keynote

Developer Keynote

AppSheet Sessions

UXR Research Opportunity

We hope you're just as excited as we are about these exciting features and content!

9 1 492
1 REPLY 1

@goannsplain wrote:

Gemini in AppSheet for app creation - creators can get started easily just by describing a business process or app idea

This one is exciting. Can't wait to see how its going to turn out marketing claims vs in real in terms of handling basic and complex app creations. Interesting times ahead !

@goannsplain wrote:

AI data extraction - add AI to apps and use Gemini to analyze photos and fill out forms

Good addition ! Looking forward to more features like this. Currently we use custom nodejs codes to do these kinds of tasks manually. Useful inbuilt features are always welcome. 

@goannsplain wrote:

Some of these exciting features will be available as previews, and you can request to be added at http://goo.gle/appsheet-previews.

There are some areas that could use improvement. When I shared it with my partner, they asked me to stop sending irrelevant links. I had to share this community post to confirm that it was actually posted by Google. Please paying attention to details is crucial in business, and AppSheet seems to be falling short in that department lately.