AppSheet Help Center now available in Japanese

We are excited to announce that the AppSheet Help Center documentation is now available in Japanese! 
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 12.04.20โ€ฏPM.png

To set Japanese as your preferred language in the AppSheet Help Center:

1. Go to the AppSheet Help Center at support.google.com/appsheet.
  2. Select your preferred language in the drop-down at the bottom of the Help Center window:

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 12.08.45โ€ฏPM.png

Thank you, 
The AppSheet Team

---------

AppSheet ใƒ˜ใƒซใƒ—ใ‚ปใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผใฎใƒ‰ใ‚ญใƒฅใƒกใƒณใƒˆใŒๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใงๅˆฉ็”จๅฏ่ƒฝใซใชใฃใŸใ“ใจใ‚’็™บ่กจใงใใ‚‹ใ“ใจใ‚’ๅฌ‰ใ—ใๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

AppSheet ใƒ˜ใƒซใƒ—ใ‚ปใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผใงๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใ‚’ๅ„ชๅ…ˆ่จ€่ชžใจใ—ใฆ่จญๅฎšใ™ใ‚‹ใซใฏ:

1. AppSheet ใƒ˜ใƒซใƒ— ใ‚ปใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผ (support.google.com/appsheet) ใซใ‚ขใ‚ฏใ‚ปใ‚นใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚
  2. ใƒ˜ใƒซใƒ—ใ‚ปใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผ ใ‚ฆใ‚ฃใƒณใƒ‰ใ‚ฆใฎไธ‹้ƒจใซใ‚ใ‚‹ใƒ‰ใƒญใƒƒใƒ—ใƒ€ใ‚ฆใƒณใ‹ใ‚‰ๅธŒๆœ›ใฎ่จ€่ชžใ‚’้ธๆŠžใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚

ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†
The AppSheet Team

9 29 3,770
29 REPLIES 29

I could work on the spanish version btw

Hablantes japones: 140 millones.

Hablantes espaรฑol: 600 millones.

It seems money on hispanic countries is less than the wealth of japanese counterparts

Hi @JSO @SkrOYC 

I actually thought Spanish support would come first.
I agree that you guys feel it is not fair given the number of native speakers.

However, now that this site has been released, please forgive me for giving feedback to AppSheet for Japanese users for a little while.๐Ÿ™

I hope the day will come when AppSheet will be freely available not only in Spanish but also in other languages around the world.

We've heard you: )

Hi @lizlynch 

When I browse the search results, it reverts back to the English display.

2024-03-28_06h45_27.gif

โ€ƒ
Looks like all we need to do is change the parameters to link.
https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106592?hl=ja&sjid=11997925045660947551-AP

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106592?hl=en&sjid=11997925045660947551-AP

Hey Takuya, It may take a couple of hours for the search function to be completely live for Japanese! Thanks for your patience and we are going to monitor this closely.

Thanks @devingu @lizlynch 

The search was conducted in Japanese!๐Ÿ˜

2024-03-29_08h38_38.gif

App Creators in Japan are happy!๐Ÿค—

Glad our creators in Japan are happy! We will share more updates in the upcoming months! 

Hi @lizlynch 

I'm glad they support Japanese.๐Ÿค—
Now that Japanese content has been developed, I would like to see the search function also be able to use Japanese.

2024-03-28_06h54_44.gif

Note, ใ‚นใƒฉใ‚คใ‚น mean Slice. That page is following link.
https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106592?hl=en&sjid=11997925045660947551-AP

@takuya_miyai Thank you for reporting the issue with Search. It may take a bit of time to index, but I will check with the team to see if this is expected. 

I just resubmitted that page yesterday. So it should be updated to Gemini in AppSheet very soon! Thank you for reporting this. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow!  I think this is a big step forward for AppSheet in Japan.  I know that there are many smart people in this country (I live in Japan) who are not good at English.  Expectation of a good command of English has been a significant impediment to the spread of AppSheet in Japan, in my view.

One thing I like about how you have set this up is that creators can easily switch from any page in English to the Japanese version, or vice versa.  This let's people compare the two easily, which I think is great.

Finally, if I can be allowed a little shameless self-promotion, I'd like to share a link to a short paper I wrote in Japanese about how I use AppSheet in my university classes.  I could be wrong but I think it may be the first academic paper written in Japanese about AppSheet (it was published on the web in 2020):

โพผ็ญ‰ๆ•™่‚ฒใซใŠใ‘ใ‚‹ใƒŽใƒผใ‚ณใƒผใƒ‰้–‹็™บใƒ—ใƒฉใƒƒใƒˆใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒ ใฎๆœ‰โฝคๆ€ง
ใƒผAppSheet ใฎใƒ—ใƒฉใƒƒใƒˆใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒ ใงไฝœๆˆใ—ใŸๅ˜่ชžๅญฆ็ฟ’ใ‚ขใƒ—ใƒชใ‚’ไธญโผผใซใƒผ
https://axies.jp/_files/conf/conf2020/FD5-2.pdf

Hi @devingu @lizlynch 

There is a point that I would like to have corrected in the Japanese translation.

Dereference is translated as ้€†ๅ‚็…ง, but to a Japanese citizen developer it is likely to mean exactly the opposite.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107396?sjid=15856874883292041194-AP&hl=ja

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107396?sjid=15856874883292041194-AP&hl=en

In Wikipedia, the page is created as ้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง, and as a Japanese citizen developer, I think this word is better suited to explain dereference.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%96%93%E6%8E%A5%E5%8F%82%E7%85%A7

There are other minor points to be pointed out, but since Dereference is a very important feature for AppSheet, I hope that they will be corrected.

Also, Dereference list is translated as ้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆ. I don't feel any discrepancy in this translation.

@Koichi_Tsuji 
@Kirk_Masden 
@ใ‚คใƒซใ‚ซใฎใˆใฃใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ 
@TeeSee1 
@Hayato_Ito 
@okutani_hayato 

Dereference ใŒ้€†ๅ‚็…งใจใ—ใฆ็ฟป่จณใ•ใ‚ŒใฆใŠใ‚Šใ€ๅธ‚ๆฐ‘้–‹็™บ่€…ๅ‘ใ‘ใฎใƒ—ใƒฉใƒƒใƒˆใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒ ็”จ่ชžใจใ—ใฆใฏ้•ๅ’Œๆ„Ÿใ‚’ๆ„Ÿใ˜ใŸใŸใ‚ไธŠ่จ˜ใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใซใ‚ณใƒกใƒณใƒˆใ•ใ›ใฆใ„ใŸใ ใใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ใ“ใ‚Œใฏใ‚ใใพใง็งใฎๆ„่ฆ‹ใงใ™ใŒใ€ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใซๆ…ฃใ‚Œใฆใ„ใ‚‹App Creatorใฎ็š†ใ•ใ‚“ใฎใ”ๆ„่ฆ‹ใ‚‚ใŠ่žใ‹ใ›ใ„ใŸใ ใ‘ใ‚Œใฐๅฌ‰ใ—ใ„ใงใ™๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Really appreciate the feedback Takuya. Liz and I will be working together on this to make changes!

Actually, even though I'm a native speaker of English, I've found the word "dereference" to be difficult to understand and even now I'm not sure I understand it completely.  I've been using an AI platform called "Claude" lately so I thought I'd ask it about the Japanese translation.  One translation it came up with was ใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏๅ…ˆใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟๅ–ๅพ—, which literally means "getting data from the point linked to" and is very easy to understand in Japanese.  For your reference here's my conversation with Claude:

Me

Dereferenceใจใ„ใ†ใฎใฏAppSheetใฎ็”จ่ชžใงใ™ใŒใ€้ฉๅˆ‡ใชๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใŒๅฟ…่ฆใงใ™ใ€‚ใŠ่€ƒใˆใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ›ใ‚“ใ‹๏ผŸ

Claude

AppSheetใฎ็”จ่ชžใจใ—ใฆใฎ "Dereference" ใ‚’ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใซ็ฟป่จณใ™ใ‚‹้š›ใฏใ€ๆ–‡่„ˆใซๅฟœใ˜ใฆใ„ใใคใ‹ใฎ้ธๆŠž่‚ขใŒ่€ƒใˆใ‚‰ใ‚Œใพใ™ใ€‚

1. ๅ‚็…ง่งฃๆฑบ (ใ•ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ‘ใค) - ใƒ—ใƒญใ‚ฐใƒฉใƒŸใƒณใ‚ฐใฎๆ–‡่„ˆใงไธ€่ˆฌ็š„ใซไฝฟใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹็”จ่ชžใงใ€ใƒใ‚คใƒณใ‚ฟใ‚„ๅ‚็…งใŒๆŒ‡ใ—็คบใ™ใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใฎๅฎŸไฝ“ใ‚’ๅ–ๅพ—ใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใ‚’ๆ„ๅ‘ณใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚

2. ๅ‚็…งๅฑ•้–‹ (ใ•ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฆใ‚“ใ‹ใ„) - ๅ‚็…งใ•ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใ‚’ๅฑ•้–‹ใ—ใฆๅฎŸ้š›ใฎใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใซ็ฝฎใๆ›ใˆใ‚‹ใจใ„ใ†ๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆใ„ใ‚’ๅผท่ชฟใ™ใ‚‹่จณ่ชžใงใ™ใ€‚

3. ๅ‚็…งใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟๅ–ๅพ— (ใ•ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใ—ใ‚…ใจใ) - ๅ‚็…งใ‚’่พฟใฃใฆใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใ‚’ๅ–ๅพ—ใ™ใ‚‹ใจใ„ใ†่กŒ็‚บใ‚’็›ดๆŽฅ็š„ใซ่กจ็พใ—ใŸ่จณ่ชžใงใ™ใ€‚

4. ใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏๅ…ˆใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟๅ–ๅพ— (ใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏใ•ใใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใ—ใ‚…ใจใ) - AppSheetใงใฏใ€ใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซ้–“ใฎใƒชใƒฌใƒผใ‚ทใƒงใƒณใ‚ทใƒƒใƒ—ใ‚’ๅ‚็…งใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏใง่กจ็พใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒๅคšใ„ใŸใ‚ใ€ใใฎใƒ‹ใƒฅใ‚ขใƒณใ‚นใ‚’ๅๆ˜ ใ—ใŸ่จณ่ชžใจใ„ใˆใพใ™ใ€‚

ใ“ใ‚Œใ‚‰ใฎ้ธๆŠž่‚ขใฎไธญใงใ‚‚ใ€ๆ–‡่„ˆใซๅˆใ‚ใ›ใฆๆœ€ใ‚‚ใตใ•ใ‚ใ—ใ„่จณ่ชžใ‚’้ธใถใ“ใจใŒๅคงๅˆ‡ใงใ™ใ€‚ไธ€่ˆฌ็š„ใซใฏใ€Œๅ‚็…ง่งฃๆฑบใ€ใŒๆœ€ใ‚‚ใ‚ˆใไฝฟใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹็”จ่ชžใงใ™ใŒใ€AppSheetใฎๆ–‡่„ˆใงใฏใ€Œๅ‚็…งๅฑ•้–‹ใ€ใ‚„ใ€Œใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏๅ…ˆใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟๅ–ๅพ—ใ€ใชใฉใ‚‚้ฉๅˆ‡ใชๅ ดๅˆใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใงใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€‚

Me

ใ€Œใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏๅ…ˆใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟๅ–ๅพ—ใ€ใฏๅคงๅค‰ใ‚ใ‹ใ‚Šใ‚„ใ™ใ„ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใญใ€‚ใจใ“ใ‚ใงใ€Œ้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆใ€ใจใ„ใ†่จณใ‚‚ใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใงใ™ใ€‚ใ“ใ‚Œใ ใ‘่จณใŒๅคšใ„ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใฏใ€ITๆฅญ็•ŒใซใŠใ‘ใ‚‹dereferenceใฎๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใซใคใ„ใฆๅฎš่ชฌใŒใชใ„ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใงใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹ใ€‚

Claude

ใ”ๆŒ‡ๆ‘˜ใฎ้€šใ‚Šใ€ใ€Œ้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆใ€ใจใ„ใ†่จณใ‚‚ไฝฟใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚ใ“ใฎ่จณ่ชžใฏใ€ๅ‚็…งๅ…ƒใ‹ใ‚‰ๅ‚็…งๅ…ˆใธใŸใฉใ‚‹ใฎใงใฏใชใใ€ๅ‚็…งๅ…ˆใ‹ใ‚‰ๅ‚็…งๅ…ƒใฎใƒชใ‚นใƒˆใ‚’ๅ–ๅพ—ใ™ใ‚‹ใจใ„ใ†ๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆใ„ใ‚’ๆŒใฃใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

ITๆฅญ็•ŒใซใŠใ„ใฆใ€"dereference" ใฎๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใซๅฎš่ชฌใŒใชใ„ใฎใฏไบ‹ๅฎŸใงใ™ใ€‚ใใฎ็†็”ฑใจใ—ใฆไปฅไธ‹ใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชใ“ใจใŒ่€ƒใˆใ‚‰ใ‚Œใพใ™ใ€‚

1. ๆ–‡่„ˆใซใ‚ˆใ‚‹ๆ„ๅ‘ณใฎ้•ใ„ - "dereference" ใฏใ€ใƒ—ใƒญใ‚ฐใƒฉใƒŸใƒณใ‚ฐ่จ€่ชžใ€ใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟใƒ™ใƒผใ‚นใ€ใƒฆใƒผใ‚ถใƒผใ‚คใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผใƒ•ใ‚งใƒผใ‚นใชใฉใ€ๆง˜ใ€…ใชๆ–‡่„ˆใงไฝฟ็”จใ•ใ‚Œใพใ™ใ€‚ใใฎใŸใ‚ใ€ๆ–‡่„ˆใซใ‚ˆใฃใฆๆœ€้ฉใช่จณ่ชžใŒ็•ฐใชใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚

2. ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใฎ่จ€่‘‰้ธใณใฎ้›ฃใ—ใ• - ่‹ฑ่ชžใฎ "dereference" ใŒๆŒใคๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆใ„ใ‚’ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใง็š„็ขบใซ่กจ็พใ™ใ‚‹ใฎใฏ้›ฃใ—ใใ€่จณ่ชž้ธใณใซๆ‚ฉใ‚€ใ“ใจใŒๅคšใ„ใงใ™ใ€‚

3. ไผๆฅญใ‚„็ต„็น”ใซใ‚ˆใ‚‹็”จ่ชžใฎ้•ใ„ - ITไผๆฅญใ‚„็ต„็น”ใซใ‚ˆใฃใฆใ€็‹ฌ่‡ชใฎ็”จ่ชž้›†ใ‚’ๆŒใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒใ‚ใ‚Šใ€"dereference" ใฎ่จณ่ชžใ‚‚ใใฎๅฝฑ้Ÿฟใ‚’ๅ—ใ‘ใพใ™ใ€‚

4. ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใฎๅฎš็€ใฎ้›ฃใ—ใ• - ๆ–ฐใ—ใ„ๆŠ€่ก“ใ‚„ใ‚ณใƒณใ‚ปใƒ—ใƒˆใŒๆฌกใ€…ใจ็™ปๅ ดใ™ใ‚‹ITๆฅญ็•Œใงใฏใ€่‹ฑ่ชžใฎๅฐ‚้–€็”จ่ชžใ‚’ใใฎใพใพไฝฟใ†ใ“ใจใ‚‚ๅคšใใ€ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใŒๅฎš็€ใ—ใซใใ„้ขใŒใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚

ใ“ใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใช็†็”ฑใ‹ใ‚‰ใ€"dereference" ใฎๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใฏๆ–‡่„ˆใ‚„็ต„็น”ใซใ‚ˆใฃใฆ็•ฐใชใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒๅคšใใ€ๅฎš่ชฌใŒใชใ„ใฎใŒ็พ็Šถใงใ™ใ€‚้‡่ฆใชใฎใฏใ€ใใฎๆ–‡่„ˆใงใ‚ใ‹ใ‚Šใ‚„ใ™ใใ€็š„็ขบใชๆ„ๅ‘ณใ‚’ไผใˆใ‚‰ใ‚Œใ‚‹่จณ่ชžใ‚’้ธใถใ“ใจใ ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

@Kirk_Masden 

ใƒžใ‚นใƒ‡ใƒณๅ…ˆ็”Ÿใ€ใ‚ณใƒกใƒณใƒˆใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ๅ…ˆ็”Ÿใงใ‚‚"Dereference"ใฎๆ„ๅ‘ณใ‚’็†่งฃใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒ้›ฃใ—ใ„ใ“ใจใ‚’็Ÿฅใ‚Šใ€ใ“ใฎๅ˜่ชžใฏ็ฟป่จณใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒ้›ฃใ—ใ„้ƒจๅˆ†ใชใฎใ ใจๆ„Ÿใ˜ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

ใƒชใƒณใ‚ฏๅ…ˆใƒ‡ใƒผใ‚ฟๅ–ๅพ—ใ‚‚ๆ—ฅๆœฌไบบใซใจใฃใฆใจใฆใ‚‚ๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚Šใ‚„ใ™ใ„ๆ„ๅ‘ณใซใชใฃใฆใ„ใพใ™ใญใ€‚
ใใ—ใฆใ€ใ“ใฎๅ“่ณชใฎ้ซ˜ใ„ๅ›ž็ญ”ใ‚’ๅ‡บๅŠ›ใ™ใ‚‹ Claudeใ€ใพใ ๅˆฉ็”จใ—ใŸใ“ใจใŒใชใ‹ใฃใŸใฎใงใ™ใŒใ€็งใ‚‚ๅˆฉ็”จใ—ใฆใฟใ‚‹ใ“ใจใซใ—ใพใ—ใŸ๐Ÿค—
ๆ–ฐใ—ใ„ใ‚ตใƒผใƒ“ใ‚นใฎ็Ÿฅ่ญ˜ใฎ็ดนไป‹ใ‚‚ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

ใ€Japaneseใ€‘
ใƒกใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒณ้ ‚ใใ€ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™๏ผ
ๅฎฎไบ•ใ•ใ‚“ใซๅฎŒๅ…จใซๅŒๆ„ใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚

ๅฎŸใฏใ€ใ“ใ‚Œใพใงใ‚‚โ€Dereferenceโ€ใŒ็ฟป่จณๆฉŸ่ƒฝใง"้€†ๅ‚็…ง"ใจๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่จณใ•ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใ‚‹ไบ‹ใซใ€ใ‚‚ใฎใ™ใ”ใ้•ๅ’Œๆ„Ÿใ‚’ๆ„Ÿใ˜ใฆใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž็š„ใซใฏใ€่จ€่‘‰ใฎๆ„ๅ‘ณใจๅฎŸ่กŒใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๅ†…ๅฎนใŒไธ€่‡ดใ—ใฆใ„ใชใ„ใ‚ˆใ†ใซๆ€ใฃใฆใ„ใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ใงใ™ใ€‚

ใ—ใ‹ใ—ใ€ไปŠๆ—ฅใ€ๅฎฎไบ•ใ•ใ‚“ใŒ้€ใฃใฆใใ‚ŒใŸWikipediaใฎ"้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง"ใจใ„ใ†่กจ็พใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆใ€ใจใฆใ‚‚็ดๅพ—ใŒใ„ใใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

ใ“ใ‚Œใพใงใฏใ€โ€Dereferenceโ€ใŒ"้€†ๅ‚็…ง"ใจ่จณใ•ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใฎใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆใ€
ใ€Œใใ†ใ„ใ†ใ‚‚ใฎใชใฎใ‹ใชใƒผใ€ใจ็„ก็†ใ‚„ใ‚Šๅ—ใ‘ๅ…ฅใ‚Œใฆใ„ใพใ—ใŸใŒใ€ใ“ใ‚Œใฏ็ขบใ‹ใซ"้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง"ใจ่จณใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹ในใใ ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

PS.
็งใฏๆ—ฅๆœฌไบบๅ‘ใ‘ใซAppsheetใซ้–ขใ™ใ‚‹Youtubeใ‚’็™บไฟกใ—ใฆใ„ใพใ™ใŒใ€
้ŽๅŽปใฎๅ‹•็”ปใงโ€Dereferenceโ€ใ‚’"้€†ๅ‚็…ง"ใจใ„ใ†่จ€่‘‰ใง่ชฌๆ˜Žใ—ใฆใใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ๆœฌไปถใŒไฟฎๆญฃใ•ใ‚ŒใŸใ‚‰ใ€่‡ช่บซใฎใƒใƒฃใƒณใƒใƒซใงใ‚‚่จ‚ๆญฃๅ‹•็”ปใ‚’ใ‚ขใƒƒใƒ—ใ—ใ‚ˆใ†ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™๐Ÿ˜…

ใ€Englishใ€‘
Thank you for your mentions!
I completely agree with Miyai-san.

In fact, I have always felt very uncomfortable with the Japanese translation of "Dereference" as "้€†ๅ‚็…ง" in the translation function.
In Japanese, the meaning of the word and what is being done do not seem to match.

However, when I looked at the expression "้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง" in Wikipedia, which Mr Miyai sent me today, it made a lot of sense.

Until now, I had seen "Dereference" translated as "้€†ๅ‚็…ง",
I had been forced to accept it as "that's the way it is", but I think it should be translated as "้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง".

PS.
I have been doing a Youtube video on Appsheet for the Japanese,
In the past, I have used the term "้€†ๅ‚็…ง" for "Dereference" in my videos.
I will upload a corrected video on my channel when the matter is corrected. ๐Ÿ˜….

่ฉณ็ดฐใช่ฃœ่ถณใ€ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™๏ผ
ไป–ใฎๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใƒฆใƒผใ‚ถใŒๅŒใ˜ๆ„Ÿๆƒณใ‚’ๆŒใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใฏใ€AppSheetใƒใƒผใƒ ใซใจใฃใฆใ‚‚้‡่ฆใชๆƒ…ๅ ฑใ ใฃใŸใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚
ใ“ใ‚Œใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‚‚ใ‚ˆใ‚ใ—ใใŠ้ก˜ใ„ใ„ใŸใ—ใพใ™๐Ÿค—

@takuya_miyai - We have implemented your suggestion to replace the translation for the term "dereference"! Thank you for this suggestion! Please let us know if you notice any additional issues. 

FYI: @devingu 

@takuya_miyai thanks a lot for your suggestion!!! 

@devingu @lizlynch

Thanks for responding.
Thanks for validating my word choice.๐Ÿค—

Let me just point out one thing.
About Dereference-list, this page is translated as "ใƒชใ‚นใƒˆใฎ้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง". However, the original "้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆ" is easier to understand.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107396?hl=ja&sjid=307254811075850023-AP#dereference-a-l...

The Dereference-list page has not been changed yet, but it is clear as it is.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11618586?sjid=14164644826589091840-AP

Sorry for the detail.
Please understand that although the word "Dereference" is the same, Japanese users may perceive it differently due to the difference in nuance between Japanese and English.

CONCLUSIONS.

I would like to have the following addressed

Revert "้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆ" and "ใƒชใ‚นใƒˆใฎ้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง" on this following page back to their original "้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆ".

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107396?hl=ja&sjid=307254811075850023-AP#dereference-a-l...

The following pages will not be changed.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11618586?sjid=14164644826589091840-AP

ใ€Japaneseใ€‘
ๅฎฎไบ•ใ•ใ‚“ใซๅŒๆ„ใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚
็งใ‚‚ๅŒใ˜ไบ‹ใ‚’ๆ€ใฃใฆใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ๅŸบๆœฌ็š„ใซไปฅไธ‹ใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใซ่€ƒใˆใฆ้ ‚ใ‘ใ‚Œใฐใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

ใƒปๅญใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใ‹ใ‚‰่ฆชใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใธใฎๅ‚็…ง โ‡’ โ€้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…งโ€
ใƒป่ฆชใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใ‹ใ‚‰ๅญใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใธใฎๅ‚็…ง โ‡’ "้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆ"

ใ€Englishใ€‘
I agree with Mr Miyai.
I had the same thought.
Basically, I hope you can think of it as follows.

ใƒปReference from child table to parent table => "้–“ๆŽฅๅ‚็…ง"
ใƒปReferences from the parent table to the child table => "้€†ๅ‚็…งใƒชใ‚นใƒˆ"

@takuya_miyai Thank you for the additional clarity! I've passed this request on to the translation team. Appreciate it!

@takuya_miyai wrote:

please forgive me for giving feedback to AppSheet for Japanese users for a little while.๐Ÿ™

Nothing to forgive buddy, you are a strong voice aside @Koichi_Tsuji for japanese creators so we would never want you to stop giving feedback, be it this new japanese help site or the platform in general 

Thank you. @SkrOYC 

I will always respect your work in providing non-English end-user assistance as well as ours.

I think it is important for end users to have a good reference in their native language, so I hope your customer's language manuals will be enhanced soon.

@takuya_miyai - Your additional suggestion for dereference list has been implemented! Please let us know if you have any additional feedback. Thank you again for your assistance in making sure the translation is meaningful and effective.

Hi @lizlynch 

Thank you for responding to my detailed points.
I have checked the corrections and think they are fine.

I think this fix makes dereference and dereference-list very intuitive for Japanese!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

If there is anything else that needs to be corrected, I will provide feedback.

FYI

@takuya_miyai - Really appreciate your feedback!
@SkrOYC - We do hope to provide additional language translations in the future. Appreciate your vote for Spanish! ๐Ÿ™‚