🥳 Meet Aurélien Moyen: AppSheet Community Member Spotlight

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

One of our favorite things to do is shine the spotlight on some of our most active Community members. One such member is Aurélien Moyen! @Aurelien 

Read on to learn more about Aurélien, including his advice for AppSheet Community members, his favorite app he's created with AppSheet so far, a template for a competition app, and more.

Have additional questions for Aurélien? Add a comment on this post! 

Aurélien-Moyen-Member-Spotlight.png

1. Where do you reside in the world?

I live in Lyon, France! Close to the French Alps and the Mediterranean Sea in the “French baguette” country!

2. What is your job and how does it tie into AppSheet?

I’m a no-code/low-code App Builder and AppSheet App-building teacher for French-speaking persons.

3. What is your experience with the Community?

I really enjoy sharing tips and tricks, sharing knowledge with other members of the community, and evolving together. There are a lot of different cultures and levels here, and the kindness of all the members contributes to building a strong and helpful community.

4. What do you get out of the Community? What compels you to contribute?

Since I've learned so many things with the AppSheet Community (and I keep learning every day!), it's important to me to give back some knowledge I've received. Also, the overall kindness and support from the Community, along with some “thank you,” are parts of what encourage me to be active on the Community. And sometimes, humor from regular contributors makes my day!

5. How does the Community help you on a day-to-day basis?

The Community is my main source of information, as a complementary resource to the help.appsheet.com documentation. The Community keeps me updated on AppSheet news, helps me learn how to solve new problems, and continues to expand my AppSheet knowledge.

6. What advice do you have for new Community members?

Use the search bar, since most of the time someone's already asked the exact same question that you have! And then, feel free to ask for help, there will always be someone happy to provide support and guidance.

7. How did you start using AppSheet and what did you use it for?

At first, it was for a scanning/inventory purpose, since one of my first clients was in need of an inventory solution. Then, it evolved to vehicle management, then human resources management, then business cost management… the entire company switched a part of its working assets onto AppSheet!

8. What is your favorite thing you've created with AppSheet?

It was an inventory app, with a quote and bill emailing feature. The app connected with Zapier for managing interactions with external users, and it also connected to the owner’s Google Calendar. I had a lot of fun imagining and implementing it!

9. Are there any templates or app examples you'd like to share?

A very simple app I’d like to share is one that I made for a friend’s company. The purpose was to allow the whole team to make bets on the outcome of the Pastry Championship that was set in Lyon, France. Here is the link to the template.

10. What advice, or tips and tricks do you have for app creators using AppSheet?

Be curious, and experiment! Also, keep an eye on the Tips & Tricks section of the Community!

11. What's a fun fact about you?

I’m hearing impaired, and I like to “remove my ears” (my hearing aids) when I work! So, when people try talking to me…they need to signal with huge arm movements in order to attract my attention!

12. Anything else you'd like to share?

Starting to work with AppSheet very quickly turns out to be starting to play with it. Give it a try!!!

13 1 404
1 REPLY 1

Lauren and Aurelien,

Thanks for such an enlightening spotlight on one of the many Community contributors I find extremely willing to help out his fellow App Creators.  Keep it up, Aurelien,  I look forward to reading more of your posts in this new version of the Community forum!!

John