300 Hour Intervals - Create Maintenance Event

Hi,

I’m looking to have an app keep track of equipment hours and then generate maintenance events on regular preset intervals. Here’s what it looks like now.

Table Trucks has
year, make, model, hours

I have a view with quick edit for hours - everyone is going to get a work week end notification to log their truck hours in this. This will update any above truck with it’s current hours.

Table Maintenance Events
this records which truck has what issue, if the issue is outstanding or resolved, and also pictures.

Basically what I want is this. If a truck we’re entering has 1500 hours on it and we’ve committed to maintenance every 300 hours, when the updates get the truck to the 1800 hour mark, I want some sort of alert. Ideally to generate a new maintenance event that says oil change, but at this point I’d be happy with a red highlight.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Seems like the first time I enter a truck I should record initial hours and keep it hidden, then generate hour readings off of that initial value. So if I’m starting a vehicle at 1500 hours I should have that somewhere uneditable so I can calculate all future events off that.

Aside from that I’m drawing a bit of a blank here how to do this. Any suggestions?

0 2 119
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, create an additional maintenance interval column as you said and set the initial value as 300. Then create a sequence of action where the first action update that column as [NextMaintenance]+300. The second action will generate a record to your Maintenance Events table and set it’s status as “Not Done” or something like that.

Trigger this “Sequence” action as Event action from a Trucks_Form and it needs to have a condition rule like [Hours]>[NextMaintenance]. Every time when that evaluation is true, it will trigger that action.

The color you can set with the format rule with the condition… if you have any open maintenance records.

Every truck needs to get a maintenance alert every 300hrs of operation. This may be done using a mod function which may serve as a counter which rolls over on every multiple of 300hrs.

So using MOD(hours,301) will reset to 0 every time hours exceeds any multiple of 300hrs and you may use this to generate the desired event. ie IF(MOD(hours,301)=0,Maintenace FLAG=1,Maintenance Flag=0) then generate maintenance event.

Syntax

IF( is-true? , then-do-this , else-do-this )

So hours will continue to accumulate as normal but mod will count from 0-301 and roll-over and will look like a saw-tooth waveform

Top Labels in this Space