API Update rows

I was looking to update/recalculate a lot rows in a table, using an action adds to much to the sync so i was looking to use the API to update the rows. Assuming i want to update all rows on a table how would i make that call?

Here is what i want to do, the column that i want to recalculate (Total) already has an appsheet formula, I want to call an api which recalculates the apsheet formula for that column after reseting the values to 0 how can i do that.

{{
"Action": "Edit",
"Properties": {
"Locale": "en-US",
"Location": "4.623098, -1.330184",
"Timezone": "Pacific Standard Time",
},
"Rows": [ <<START: SELECT(Temp Roof replacement Template[ID], NOT([Material]="wtf"))>>
{
"ID":"<<[ID]>>",
"QTY/Length":"<<[Blank template 0 number]>>",
"input extra matrial":"<<[Blank template 0 number]>>",

"Total":"<<[update value?]>>"
}
<<END>>
]
}

Solved Solved
0 5 499
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pethipojquis56 wrote:

should i contact support?

Yes, if you've confirmed that the following expected behavior is not occurring:

• You use the AppSheet API to update a row.
  • That row's columns that have an App formula expression do not recalculate.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It's unclear what specific question you have and whether you tried something but encountered a problem. If the following doesn't address your need, reply with a clarification.

Updating the value of any column in a row will force recalculation of all of that row's columns that have an App formula. See explanations in  Quick Update System - How to update records in you... - Google Cloud Community

You can Invoke the AppSheet API from a webhook task within an automation.

"Updating the value of any column in a row will force recalculation of all of that row's columns"

This only apply to actions though right? if i call an api to edit a columns than it only affects that colunm right? I believe that what myne is doing. 

@Pethipojquis56 wrote:

This only apply to actions though right?

No.

@Pethipojquis56 wrote:

if i call an api to edit a columns than it only affects that colunm right?

No.

What happens when a record is updated?

Okay well thats not what is going on with my app. when i call the api to edit the columns, the rest of the colums in that row do not get updated, unless they take a while to update by themselves. should i contact support?

@Pethipojquis56 wrote:

should i contact support?

Yes, if you've confirmed that the following expected behavior is not occurring:

• You use the AppSheet API to update a row.
  • That row's columns that have an App formula expression do not recalculate.
Top Labels in this Space