API between c# and AppSheet

Hello everyone! how are you doing? I hope that very good. I tell you, I need help to solve the following situation. Currently, an application developed in C# is being used from where the planning of activities for a work team is carried out.
On the other hand, an application was developed with APPSHEET from where the teams record the activities carried out.
To have a concordance between what was planned and what was done.
I'm thinking of integrating between these apps so that people who do activity planning continue to use the C# app to plan, and work teams continue to record activities in appSheet.
To solve it, I am thinking of integrating using APIs, my idea is the following. Once the activity schedule is generated (in C#), for each schedule a record should be generated in a Google Sheet table (I use google sheet as the database). In this way the work teams will be able to record activities on the planning carried out. Is it possible to create an API for this? Can you help me? I'm new to using APIs, where should I start? Is there any example that can help me to solve this situation? I await your help. Thank you so much!

0 8 487
8 REPLIES 8

Does the C# app use a SQL database? It would probably be better if the AppSheet app used the same data store as the C# app so that you wouldn't have to create duplicate records.

use SQL, that's right. The database of the app developed in C# is hosted on Azure

In that case, instead of creating APIs, you could change the data store of the AppSheet app to use the SQL database. Your SQL dba could create specific schemas only used for AppSheet. And when the SQL tables that are managed in the C# app are added to the AppSheet app, they can be marked as "Read Only". This way, the AppSheet  users wouldn't be able to change the records that plan the activities from the C# app but could use them as a reference when adding their records of the activities carried out.

Yes, Appsheet has an API that you can interact with from your C# app.

ok, and from appSheet, can you create an API that is called by the C# app?

The API already exists, you don't need to create anything. Did you see/read the link I posted?

maybe I haven't been clear on what I'm trying to achieve. From the app I create in appsheet, I have to call a published API from the app created in C#. This API is already published. What I don't know is how I have to proceed to be able to invoke it from AppSheet. could you guide me please?

No, you are very much not clear.

To interact with an API from an Appsheet app, you'd use a webhook task in a bot.

Top Labels in this Space