Access Direct to Detailed-View via Browser App

I often use the browser based App, as entering data into it is very convenient vs a phone/tablet. I noticed that after the URL and App name, is URL encoded get request data indicating which view to load, how to sort, etc. Such as the following:

&group=%5B%7B"Column"%3A"Pick-up+Location"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Pick-up+Date+Display+Text"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Quantity"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"_RowNumber"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%5D&page=fastTable&sort=%5B%7B"Column"%3A"Quantity"%2C"Order"%3A"Descending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Notes+Sort+Order"%2C"Order"%3A"Descending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Customer+Name"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%5D&table=Next+Orders&view=NEXT+Unfulfilled

What I’m wondering is whether I could formulate a GET request via URL-encoded data to open directly to a detailed view of a table row, based on matching a data field in the row (in my case an Order Id). Thanks!

0 11 572
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yep!

See also:

Thanks Steve, I’ll take a look! I had an inkling that Deep Links was related to this.

@Steve et al, is it possible to construct a Deep Link without the table key? In my case, I don’t have the key, but I have a value of a different column (which is also unique)?

You can easily use the unique value of the other column to get that row’s key,which you can then use in the deep link:

ANY(
  FILTER(
    "My Table",
    ([_THISROW].[column of this row] = [different column which is also unique])
  )
)

Use that expression as the target of the deep link:

LINKTOROW(
  ANY(
    FILTER(
      "My Table",
      ([_THISROW].[column of this row] = [different column which is also unique])
    )
  ),
  "My View"
)

@Steve right, of course! Thank you. Sorry, this was a bit obvious.

@Steve Follow up question: can I construct a manual deep link without a table key? In my case, as per the original post, I’m looking to construct a URL which will allow me a direct link (via the browser App) to a detailed view of a table row. I’m assuming this is not possible, and that I’d have to construct the link within Appsheet, correct? Please let me know if this question is unclear. Thanks!

I just told you how, and you thanked me for it. I’m confused.

@Steve Right, let me clarify! You indicated how to construct a deep link (without a table key) from within the App, by running App functions (LINKTOROW with FILTER), which is helpful to me.

What I’m asking in the 2nd question is whether it’s possible to manually construct a DEEP link URL from entirely outside the App (not running an App function), if I don’t know the table row key.

Does that make sense? Thanks!

Yes, the key is in the URL. you can find a sting with “row=”

If you don’t know the row key, no, it’s not possible, at least to my knowledge.

@Steve Alright, I suspected this was the case. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space