Action and Automation for Text to Reference

Hello to the community!
I would like to say that the appsheet is amazing and really speeds up the development process a lot.

But I would like some help with something trivial.

I have the following scenario, I have a google form, which directs the responses to a google spreadsheet, which in turn is used as the source for my app.

I have another table to store the "Students" with all their attributes respectively.

Forms output -> Student Name is "Text"
Students input -> Text to Student Tipe

So, I created a behavior to add students using linktoform() and it worked, I can register a new student using the information from the row...

however, after the student is created, I would like it to be updated in the form record, allowing other actions that are only possible when the field is a Aluno Reference and not a text (ref not located)

--- 

I tried to do it like this:

lucasgeron_0-1662732344187.png

lucasgeron_1-1662732373755.png

FILTER("Prospecรงรตes", [Aluno] = [_THISROW].[ID])

lucasgeron_2-1662732396723.png

I would like the system to share this way

lucasgeron_4-1662732594392.png

what am I doing wrong?

Solved Solved
0 1 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I can't tell what you are doing wrong because to be honest I don't understand what you are doing at all.
The only thing that was clear is that you need to change from a simple text entered by your Google Form users to their ID/Key so that your app can use a dereference expression after that, I'm right?

In that case, let me advice you to think of another way because this kind of functionality can easily be broken just by the fact that someone adds an extra space to their name or similar. Or if you have two people with the same name.

Anyway, what I would do would be an action.
This action is trigger on form save, the form you are opening with "LINKTOFORM()" from the record using the student name, right?
This action should execute an action on a set of rows.
The action that's going to be executed should lookup for the ID/Key of the record that has the student name and replace the student name with the ID/Key

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I can't tell what you are doing wrong because to be honest I don't understand what you are doing at all.
The only thing that was clear is that you need to change from a simple text entered by your Google Form users to their ID/Key so that your app can use a dereference expression after that, I'm right?

In that case, let me advice you to think of another way because this kind of functionality can easily be broken just by the fact that someone adds an extra space to their name or similar. Or if you have two people with the same name.

Anyway, what I would do would be an action.
This action is trigger on form save, the form you are opening with "LINKTOFORM()" from the record using the student name, right?
This action should execute an action on a set of rows.
The action that's going to be executed should lookup for the ID/Key of the record that has the student name and replace the student name with the ID/Key

Top Labels in this Space