Action button not showing for a particular type of action?

QA_AS.pngHello, I am new to appsheet and I'm trying to apply an action on the records of a table.  When I clicked on the type of action to perform, an action button (icon) would appear except for the action "App: go to another view within this app". I have tried all the display types (prominent, overlay...) but the button won't show up. I even refreshed the whole thing, input the LinkToForm/LinkToView target for that action but the button wouldn't appear for this very action (even in the detail view). The weird thing here is that it still shows up for other actions. Can someone please help me out? Thank you in advance for your answer    

Solved Solved
1 2 304
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your answer. I have just figured out that the button for some actions won't show up in the preview pane until I hit "save" , whereas others appear right away in the preview 😅.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I've had a few run ins with creating actions in that button form as well. which should be displayed prominently. 

I would check the show if condition. In the past I have either had to write something in there. For example if I wanted the action at the top of a detail view sometimes in the show if area I write " CONTEXT("VIEW")="form_detail" " or " CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE")="Detail" " sometimes just writing that fixes it. 

I did learn that there are certain times or places where action buttons cannot be displayed. So if you have a card view any action is expected to be there instead of a separate button.

I hope this helps please let me know if I can be of additional help. 

Craig

QREW Technologies 

Thanks for your answer. I have just figured out that the button for some actions won't show up in the preview pane until I hit "save" , whereas others appear right away in the preview 😅.  

Top Labels in this Space