Action does not match the expected type

it seems like i'm not even progressing, but instead regressing.
Can't get a simple action "on a set of rows" to work.

First action is "Set the values of some columns in this row"
which is "[Available parts] - [Required parts]"
When i try to execute the action on a set of rows i get the error: "The value of data action does not match the expected type List or its expected type details"
Both actions lie in the same table and im using select expression.

Solved Solved
0 5 885
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Is "detaile laos" the key column of your data table? In order to select rows, you need to select the row keys.

Also, if you wanna select all existing rows of a table you don't need to use the SELECT() function, you can just do something like this:

Table_Name[Table_Key_Column]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could you post a screenshot of your actions and errors?

The point of the action is to subtract all used parts at once.

action1.jpg
action2.jpg

Is "detaile laos" the key column of your data table? In order to select rows, you need to select the row keys.

Also, if you wanna select all existing rows of a table you don't need to use the SELECT() function, you can just do something like this:

Table_Name[Table_Key_Column]

Oh god, how am I struggling with so easy steps.
Thank you a lot!

The support page says nothing about the key column,
"SELECT(from-dataset-column, select-row?, [distinct-only?])

• select-row? -  A Yes/No expression, evaluated for each row of the data set, that returns TRUE or FALSE indicating whether the column value from the row should be included (TRUE) or excluded (FALSE) in the results."

Glad to help.

You can use select to return any list of values, it doesn't have to be the key. However, the action "Data: Perform an action on a set of rows" needs to be given a list of keys.

The key limitation is not in SELECT() but in Action.

Top Labels in this Space