confused with views in appsheet

Hi,

i am working on an app that works as a data record of our customers , our maintenance team visit their sites and use the app to calculate the exact amount of chemical needs to be dozed for their industrial plants.

our team member can first select the client in app then in another tab all the available plants of that client is displayed he then select the relevant plant after that in next field all the towers related to that plant is displayed , he then select the relevant tower after that he starts inputting the data and save.

he repeats the above process for all the plants and all the towers and record their data in app.

till hear everything works fine and data is recorded but this data will be viewed by relevant client so that he knows what's going on .

to display the data i used detail view where client first select the plant then select the tower then some action buttons are visible to him and upon clicking on each buttons relevant reports are displayed.

now the problem is i have used quick edit so that he can select plant and quick edit for tower , the problem i am facing is when he selects plant or tower through quick edit the data in the google sheets also edited and i have also created a reset action button which resets the fields of plant or tower but when he clicks on that reset button the row also remove the data of plant & tower in google sheet.

i have tried this with form view but in form view action buttons can't be displayed.

i have also did another thing , i have created another sheet in google sheet with the name Filter and put plant & Tower as to columns and use it for quick edit in detail view so that the actual data cannot be edited but hear i face another problem if the filter sheet is empty it canot display anything.

please guide me how i can preform the above mentioned task , should i use dashboard view or something else.

i am attaching 2 screen shots in one screen shot action buttons are displayed and in second plant and tower selection are displayed

Thanks in advance action buttons.pngplant & tower.png

0 8 244
8 REPLIES 8

The fact that you are using a detail view with quick edits means a lot in this case since such a workflow will send data to the datasource as you discovered.

If you are not happy with this scenario, I suggest you to use something like a Deck or Table view with the different plants and towers so that the user can navigate through that list instead of having to use your detail view.

If you still want to use the detail view, having a UserTable helps a lot because this changes are made just on the users' row instead of a general change that is apply to anyone else. For blank rows, you just have to use some smart valid_if/initial_value configs.

Current User (Slice) | How to conform your app a... - Google Cloud Community
Handy tip for pulling data from UsersTable/Current... - Google Cloud Community

Dear skyOYC,

thank you so much for prompt reply , the UserTable Scenario was new to me as i never worked on this thanks for your guidance i will explore it and work on this scenario .

will keep in touch with you for further guidance.

Thank you once again

You could try first using a Deck or Table view with Group by

Hi skyOYC,

i have tried table view and detail view , as in my app there are certain KPI's that triggers through actions , ideal for my app is detail view is it fulfills all my needs like selection of Plant and Tower and Graphical display using action items.

will try UserTable option may be it give the results as per my expectation.

Hi skyOCY,

i have created a usertable and created 4 columns , email id , customer name , plant , and tower with refs , and client first select customer then plant then tower in form view and save , then i redirected to a detail view of table that has records (other than usertable) .

Now the problem is i want to get the plant and tower ids that user selected on that form to this detail view so that it will display related records but i dident get it through [_thisrow] or [_this]

Could u please guide me am i doing it right and how i get those details on detail view after form saved.

Thanks in advance

Such a custom-made system needs more advance knowledge of the platform.

You would need to have a Slice filtered by the user table and then the Inline views for your other record should be this slice instead of the whole table... and even then Idk how AppSheet would handle such "Inline on the go" setup

Hi SkrOYC,

please suggest if i use usersetting and get all the information and store it there and refer those information i.e plant & tower Ids in my app through [_thisuser] and filter the data accordingly ?

Sure, but that won't happend through a Detail View... but if it fits your needs, great

Top Labels in this Space