Action is Implemented when an ENUM button is pressed

Good day.

I would just like to know if an action can be run when the user has pressed an enum button? Such as when closing a "close" status, it will reveal an action? thanks! 

Solved Solved
0 5 92
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

For an 'action' you can include a condition that will only allow it to show if [_thisrow].[enum column]="Close", however actions do not show in forms, so if they are choosing the enum value in a form, they won't be able to see the action. But if they are updating a quick edit field, you could have the action appear.

Whether they are using a form, or updating a row with a quick column, it might be best to just have a bot that runs whenever the [enum column] is changed to the status "closed", rather than relying on the user to run an action.

View solution in original post

You could create an action to show/reveal when the form is saved
"Only if this condition is true" condition: [enum]= "close"

Or, rather than selecting 'Close' directly from edited form, you could create action for this.
[enum]= "close"

Alternative:
If you require the 2nd action to automatically trigger at [enum] = close, you could set up an action Dash:
Action 01: [enum] = closed
Action 02:....
triggering both consecutively.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could you clarify what you mean when you say 

I would just like to know if an action can be run when the user has pressed an enum button?

What is an enum button? If possible, please include one or two screenshots.

If you could also elaborate on what you mean when you say it should reveal an action? Are you referring to an icon that a user can click?

Such as when closing a "close" status, it will reveal an action? thanks! 

For an 'action' you can include a condition that will only allow it to show if [_thisrow].[enum column]="Close", however actions do not show in forms, so if they are choosing the enum value in a form, they won't be able to see the action. But if they are updating a quick edit field, you could have the action appear.

Whether they are using a form, or updating a row with a quick column, it might be best to just have a bot that runs whenever the [enum column] is changed to the status "closed", rather than relying on the user to run an action.

My apologies for the late reply, but thank you so much again for this answer! I was able to solve it using the procedure you said. โ˜บ๏ธ

You could create an action to show/reveal when the form is saved
"Only if this condition is true" condition: [enum]= "close"

Or, rather than selecting 'Close' directly from edited form, you could create action for this.
[enum]= "close"

Alternative:
If you require the 2nd action to automatically trigger at [enum] = close, you could set up an action Dash:
Action 01: [enum] = closed
Action 02:....
triggering both consecutively.

Thank you so much!! 

Top Labels in this Space