Action sequence - help needed

I am creating an activity tracking app for events.  The use case is for a host to select an activity and then scan an attendee NFC tag to capture their attendance at a particular activity.  The app is based on the template "Occupancy Tracker" and with help from some of this wonderful community, got it working!

The problem is that the occupancy count ('Add Person' action) goes up +1 regardless of whether a tag is scanned ('Capture NFC Tag').  I think the fix to swap the action order HOWEVER it's not that simple because the current flow relies on the new row added by 'Add Person' to store the tag in the right place.

Advice and guidance on how to achieve this are needed and appreciated.

In short, the action sequence would be...

• Host selects activity
  • App goes "Ready to scan"
  • Host scans visitor tag
  • App updates 'Occupancy Log' table with date/timestamp etc + TAG
  • App returns to "Ready to scan"

In anticipation, I've shared the prototype here (hope that's acceptable) https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=OccupancyTracker-376448579-23-05-10&utm_source=shar...

0 2 73
2 REPLIES 2

@gcor71 wrote:

The problem is that the occupancy count ('Add Person' action) goes up +1 regardless of whether a tag is scanned ('Capture NFC Tag').

Please post such queries in "Q&A" section.

One way to overcome this issue can be to count occupancy based on if the NFC tag field is non blank.  This means only those records with non blank NFC tag can be filtered through a slice and considered as  "valid" records to count occupancy.

You could then have a scheduled job daily or weekly suitably to delete those records where NFC tag is blank.

Edit: Alternatively  and possibly easier approach could be , you could also evaluate to fill in all the fields in the form through referencing and scan NFC tag in the same form. In short whatever fields you are getting in action 1 filled by adding the record, you could evaluate approach of populating  those fields in the form through dereferencing fields and also scan the NFC tag in the same form.

Dereference expressions - AppSheet Help

Q&A = thank you for the prompt.

Two elegant ideas.  I'll explore them both.  

Top Labels in this Space