Actions - Display name is issue

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me explain how "Display name" works in the Actions section? My formula is as follows:

Case 1: IF(ISBLANK([_THISROW].[BDH]),"OK","Cancel") => OK

Case 2: IF(ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW].[BDH]),"OK","Cancel") => Cancel

In both cases, it always returns "NOT BLANK" even though the value of [BDH] in that row is actually "BLANK".

Is there an issue with the "Display name" or is my formula incorrect?

Thank you.

z4418145774555_561fc38f317cbd9eb20eab78493980cb.jpg

Solved Solved
0 5 195
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sounds from the screenshots shared that you are using this "display name" expression for the inline action. If so, I believe the display name expression may not work for inline action in summary view such as table, deck , gallery etc.

However if you check the display name  expression in a detail view, it will work.

Alternatively, you could use different icons for the same action in summary view using format rules.

So you could have a format rule expression of ISBLANK([BDH]) for one action icon and ISNOTBLANK([BDH]) for the other icon.  Both icons will display in the summary view depending on whether the column [BDH] is blank or not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It sounds from the screenshots shared that you are using this "display name" expression for the inline action. If so, I believe the display name expression may not work for inline action in summary view such as table, deck , gallery etc.

However if you check the display name  expression in a detail view, it will work.

Alternatively, you could use different icons for the same action in summary view using format rules.

So you could have a format rule expression of ISBLANK([BDH]) for one action icon and ISNOTBLANK([BDH]) for the other icon.  Both icons will display in the summary view depending on whether the column [BDH] is blank or not.

Thank you for your advice. As you mentioned, it seems that it may not work with the expression. I will consider changing the icon for my cases instead.

IF(ISBLANK([_THISROW].[BDH]),"OK","Cancel")

That is a very good point @dbaum to disregard [_THISROW] and I missed mentioning it as a general guideline. 

However my testing showed that the display name expression does not work even otherwise under mentioned conditions in my previous post.

Thank you for your feedback. I have tried both cases, [_THISROW].[BDH] and [BDH], and both give the same result.

Top Labels in this Space