Actions inside a group are not firing

Been banging my head against the wall here on this one, need me some Spock assistance
2X_2_212b2bd6c303d70ee67d8d3ad5afcc070ad51ace.gif

Iโ€™ve got an action, thatโ€™s part of a Group of actions that should fire off on the table event action, but for some reason the action Iโ€™m having problems with is not following the condition and instead being skipped.

App: TheNASAStudyApp-629466
Action: Alert | No Respondent Selected - part of โ€œStack | Measure (tapped)โ€

Repro

emulate as โ€œmultiechvisions@gmail.comโ€

1. Starting from the โ€œHome Screenโ€ - tap option 3 (โ€œContinue Ongoing Visitโ€)
  2. In the Control Panel, select โ€œNS99918โ€ - should be the only option there
  3. Scroll down to the โ€œRemaining Measuresโ€ inline view -

When you tap an option you should get a warning about not having something selected (the respondent, from the second action in the stack), but instead Iโ€™m getting an alert about consent (the third action in the stack).

Would appreciate if someone could take a look and see if itโ€™s just some condition Iโ€™ve got mixed up, or if thereโ€™s some bug with Grouped actions?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 9 446
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Steve you were right that it was something to do with a technical thing.

isblank(any(Current_User[Current_Respondent]))

that worked. Wrapping the ANY() around the current user slice seems to have done the trick.

I remember Praveen explaining this problem once, something like:

โ€œBecause thereโ€™s a record for the Current_User[Whatever] slice, technically itโ€™s not blank - even though there are no values in the field - the presence of the record is good enough for the non-specific ISNOTBLANK().โ€

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Youโ€™re sure Current_User has only one row?

Yes. And Iโ€™ve checked that the column is indeed included in the sliceโ€™s columns.

Iโ€™ve also got other actions that are now firing off when they shouldnโ€™t be.

Part of the same stack:

Hereโ€™s the condition:

And the formula controlling that column:

This field is blank (the ongoing interactions) so the warning for ongoing actions shouldnโ€™t fire offโ€ฆ yet it does.

Any difference?

select(
  Ongoing_Interactions[InteractionID],
  and(
    index([_thisrow].[Current_PID_Ongoing_Visit], 1) = [Visit_Link],
    or(
      isblank([Current_Respondent]),
      [_thisrow].[Current_Respondent] = [Interaction_Respondent]
    )
  )
)

Iโ€™m thinking thereโ€™s more going on, see my video from above.

Iโ€™ve hard coded a slice to be blank, yet the formula ISNOTBLANK(slice[Column]) is firing off.

PS:

No, I tried switching things around inside the SELECT() formula, no change in behavior.

I tried a true root of the core issue test:
I created a new slice, making it empty with a FALSE formula, then a new action that fires off with the new slice is NOT blank - and it didnโ€™t fire.

So itโ€™s something with my logic somewhereโ€ฆ Ugh.

count(...) = 0 instead if isblank(...)?

@Steve you were right that it was something to do with a technical thing.

isblank(any(Current_User[Current_Respondent]))

that worked. Wrapping the ANY() around the current user slice seems to have done the trick.

I remember Praveen explaining this problem once, something like:

โ€œBecause thereโ€™s a record for the Current_User[Whatever] slice, technically itโ€™s not blank - even though there are no values in the field - the presence of the record is good enough for the non-specific ISNOTBLANK().โ€

Thatโ€™s really good to know!

Top Labels in this Space