Add & Edit actions displayed

Iโ€™m new to Appsheets so bare with me on this question.
What controls the icons of 3X_0_6_0679076fcaed482d48f2100142c620bea0d8df18.png 3X_4_2_4204ff94e98aef8c087c113d02fec51db5d3be6b.png to be displayed on a view. I have some that have the edit but not the add then some with only 1.

Iโ€™m trying to get the edit option on a view but canโ€™t figure out why it doesnโ€™t show up. The table and slice (I created a slice to be able to add the actions to the slice) have update/edit/delete on.

3X_8_d_8d87f891e5ae029b8e116a970699aebf914330cd.jpeg

Solved Solved
0 7 941
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

7 REPLIES 7

Hey @Virgil_Wilson.

Any โ€œbuttonsโ€ that you see floating around or attached to a column are called โ€œActionsโ€ - and you can find them all on the Behavior>Actions panel.

Do hide them, you can change their โ€œprominenceโ€ - or you can create a conditional formula as well.

Read more about them here:

@MultiTech_Visions I guess a better way to put the question would be what determines the system actions being displayed?

By default, if you are referring to the overlay ones that โ€œhoverโ€, it depends on the view. Not all views are allowed to have overlay actions.

It depends on the table, and the permission of that table - along with the view type as well (but thatโ€™s limited in scope).

So if Iโ€™m looking at the โ€œPond5โ€ table, and the permissions for that table are all set to default

Then I would see the actions:

• add
  • edit
  • delete

If Deleteโ€™s arenโ€™t allowed, then I wonโ€™t see that action.

Now you can further take control over the actions with the conditions for each one.

Thereโ€™s more involved, AppSheet is incredibly complex in certain areas - but thatโ€™s the jist.

So is it the same when you use slices? If you leave the default you should get the same result as the table?

Affirmative

@MultiTech_Visions thanks for the info.

Top Labels in this Space