Add New Record, Select Record and then Deepli...

Add New Record, Select Record and then Deeplink to Filtered View?

Can anyone help me out? I am trying to add a new record to โ€œTableAโ€ and then select a view based on โ€œTableBโ€ that matches a criteria set in โ€œTableAโ€. In summary I want to achieve the following:-

1. Add new record to โ€œTableAโ€ with ID value of โ€œxxxโ€ 2. Select a view based on โ€œTableBโ€ that only contains records with ID value of โ€œxxxโ€

I do not want to set a filter on a slice and so thought the approach noted below would work, but it simply ends up displaying all the records from โ€œTable Bโ€ and not just the ones that fulfill the filtered view criteria.

1. Have simple form to enter data for โ€œTable Aโ€ - 3 columns comprising TableBid (unique value), ID (text), Filter (Y/N) 2. Action on form saved called โ€œGotoFilteredViewโ€

Action GotoFilteredView comprises:-

Action name: GotoFilteredView For record in table: Table B If this condition is true: [_THISROW].[Filter] Do this: App: go to another view within this app Target:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œTableViewBโ€, IN(TableB[ID],TableA[ID]))

Validation message states โ€œNavigate to โ€˜TableViewBโ€™ โ€ฆand show rows where this condition is true: ( โ€ฆ(TABLEB[ID]) is one of the values in the list (TABLEA[ID]))โ€

Problem may be to do with using the filter condition โ€œTRUEโ€ in TableB but I donโ€™t know how to select the data for just the new row I have added to filter any other way.

I have spent hours trying to get this to work and at face value cannot see why it doesnโ€™t - can anyone HELP me out?

0 6 509
6 REPLIES 6

If I understood your request correctly, you could try it like thisโ€ฆ LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œTableViewBโ€,[ID]=[_THISROW].[Filter])

Thanks for your prompt response, sadly that doesnโ€™t work either. I have confirm action on and it says it is running the action, but it ends with blank screen not displaying any records. Also when I run โ€œTestโ€ in expression builder it displays all records and not just the filtered one. Also the formula is not comparing the correct columns so I have just tried amending and ignoring filter (Y/N) column for the moment

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œTableViewBโ€,TableB[ID]=[_THISROW].TableA[ID])

However that then errors stating

Cannot compare List with Text in (TABLEB[ID] = [_THISROW].TableA[ID]).

So I tried IN expression and still returns all records. Just cannot understand why this will not work.

Finally resolved it!

For the benefit of anyone who may experience the problem I dropped the idea of a filter column and then changed the expression to

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("โ€œTableViewBโ€", [_THISROW].[ID] = [ID])

Note: if you include the table name in front of the second [ID] I found it (a) doesnโ€™t need it and (b) doesnโ€™t work.

Hopefully this may save some of you the hours of fun that I have had trying to get it to work.

Wuhuu

@StudentHomes_Plymout

Thanks for this, I almost gave up on idea after attempting for

over 1 week. This is really a great featureโ€ฆ

Glad itโ€™s of help!

Top Labels in this Space