Add multiple rows in ref_rows table

I have 2 tables: 

Points and Point Groups where in the points there is a ref column to Point Groups. 

Is there a way when i create a Point Groups record to add multiple existing records from the Points table ?

Solved Solved
0 2 604
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can add another EnumList column to PointsGroup, for the user to select Points records from, then you can run an "execute..." action (via form-save or Bot) to set the current PointsGroup key value in the selected Points' Ref column (use INPUT()).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not exactly sure what problem you are having, so i just talk the basics of ref row.

You have two tables table 1 has a ref_row virtual column from table 2. Table 1 needs to have a column that includes the values of the key column in table one, if it doesn't then it wont work.

The formula in Table 1's virtual column ref_row would be ref_row("table 2","key column")(replace with actual names). Also you can go into the options of the virtual column and select a slice, and it will use the view that slice is used for, like table view.

You can further advance this with actions that would filter based on criteria when you select certain things in the app.

But anyway the gist is you need a column that has the values of the key column in the table you are trying to reference.

You can add another EnumList column to PointsGroup, for the user to select Points records from, then you can run an "execute..." action (via form-save or Bot) to set the current PointsGroup key value in the selected Points' Ref column (use INPUT()).

Top Labels in this Space