Add new item but didn't saved in google sheet

I have multiple user. Some of them when adding new row or data, didn't appear or saved on google sheet even after syncing. What is the possible cause and is there any possible solution?

Solved Solved
0 6 133
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah, that's your problem.  Your key shouldn't be computed.  It should be constant. Please read the article I introduced to you.  In the beginning it says "the row's key value must remain constant for the life of the row."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Could it be a problem with a key?  Are you familiar with "keys" in AppSheet?

I'm not so familiar with keys. But some can successfully add, but I'm encountering some that after sync not saved in google sheet.

Please look at this:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106672?hl=en

If two or more rows are inadvertently assigned the same key value, we say the table contains "duplicate keys". This is a serious problem. If someone attempts to update or delete one of these rows, the wrong row may be updated or deleted.

I wonder if such "duplicate keys" may not be the source of your problem.

There will be no duplicate keys since my key is a computed key, combination of 2 columns and the 1st column contains unique number from each rows.

Ah, that's your problem.  Your key shouldn't be computed.  It should be constant. Please read the article I introduced to you.  In the beginning it says "the row's key value must remain constant for the life of the row."

Oh, I see. Ok I will try to change my key. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space