Add shortcut on iPhone

We have users that are not able to Add shotcut on iPhone. They open in the app (not browser) and can see the "ADD SHORTCUT" function in the side menu, but it just takes them to a white screen loading for 5-6 seconds, and then a gray screen. (So it does not open or show the Appsheet URL correctly - appsheet.com/deploy/loslnAppShortcut?.....etc).

Not sure if this i s related to any security settings on their phone or if this is a bug. They have reinstalled Appsheet and tried a lot of things. Any experience out there?  

KON_TROLL_0-1697709373515.png

KON_TROLL_1-1697709397041.png

KON_TROLL_2-1697709421367.png

0 14 630
14 REPLIES 14

@mandard FYI

I'm having a similar problem.  I recently changed phones so I don't have chrome or any other browsers installed except safari.  For some of my apps, the condition is as you've described, but for most, I get a screen that looks like this opening in safari.  I can create a home screen link from within safari, but it won't actually be for the app, but for this confirmation screen.  I don't know what to do about it.

IMG_663540E86F86-1.jpeg

Well, you have to confirm that:

1) The app is installed
2) The url is https://www.appsheet.com/deploy/IosInAppShortcut?appguidstring=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx 
3) You are using Safari

The app is installed, safari is my only browser so yes, Iโ€™m using it. As
for the link, given that itโ€™s generated when the Add Shortcut menu item is
pressed, it doesnโ€™t seem like anything I can control. However I did try
the link you suggested and it resolved to:

https://preview.page.link/appsheet.page.link?link=https://www.appsheet.comโ€ฆ

I just tried it on a different phone and got the same result.

I am having the same problem.  I'm not able to install a shortcut for a new app or change the shortcut icon for an existing app.  Problem exists on both iPhone (old) iPad (newer).  It was working fine a few weeks ago.  I get the same screen as RedVox.  Clicking on Open just takes me back to the app.  

I just tested and seems like things are not working as before.

@lizlynch Something has change in the way links are displayed on mobile

I found out that if you change the standard browser on iPhone to Safari, it works again. So it seems this problem is when iOS/iPhone uses another browser as standard...

That's what I though, but it doesn't

I have never used anything other than Safari but the add shortcut option still isn't working - I've tried on a more up to date iPhone and and iPad but none of them work.  Looks like an iOS problem as the logo installation does seem still to work on an android phone.

I got it to work on my safari but it was very confusing. The webpage is
inviting you to open the app on AppSheet and thatโ€™s when you need to click
safariโ€™s add to home button. Itโ€™s completely unintuitive.

Hi RedVox

Thanks so much for that - that trick worked for me as well. As you said
itโ€™s very confusing - I canโ€™t believe thatโ€™s what Appsheet intended, but
all good now.

Musicmaker

We have been observing this issue (no shot cut is created on iOS) and reported to the AppSheet team privately. Now it looks like a fix was released and this functionality is working on our environment.

Oh yeah looks better on my phone now.

yes, this should be fixed now. (No iOS app upgrade is required. ) Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Top Labels in this Space