Adding Reference in Virtual Column

Hello,

I have 2 tables - Orders and Jobs

Jobs have reference to the Orders.

Now I want to get the value from the " Production Status " Column from Jobs Table in a Virtual Column in a Orders . How do I do that ? I know I can add a column in my data source referring the Jobs and get the value using [Jobs].[Production Status] but I dont want to add an extra column in my database unnecessary . Is there another way out ?

In Detail, I am able to render the status using the inline views but I want in the main view ( ORDER LIST VIEW) and I also want to be able to filter the orders based on the production status.

0 6 1,739
6 REPLIES 6

Any help in this ? I can try and explain a bit more if it seems confusing and not clear enough .

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not clear what you need help with, since you reference virtual columns and that’s what you need to use, it seems.

Not clear to me what you’re trying to do here. You want each job status displayed in the orders list view?

See also:

Sorry Steve … Couldnt Reply… Was just trying to figure out a better way to explain this… Still trying.

I am having same problem.
I’ve made a virtual column, which this value is (necessarily) obtained by an expression.
Now I want to criate e new virtual column getting a reference of this first column value but it seems not possible.

Supose it’s name are “My Virtual Column”. When i try to reference the values from this column, using a code like [My Virtual Column], Expression Assistant says that column doesn’t exists.

I am trying it just for avoiding add columns with formulas in my database.

Please post a screenshot demonstrating this.

Note that you must save the edited app configuration after creating the virtual column before you can use the virtual column’s value.

1. Add and configure the new virtual column.

2. Save the changes.

3. Reference the virtual column as desired.

If you just created [My Virtual Column] then proceeded to try and reference it in another expression, Appsheet will most often say column doesn’t exist. Try saving after creating [My Virtual Column] then go and try and reference it in another expression.

Top Labels in this Space