Adding multiple data entries to a single cell?

Hi, I’m new to appsheet and have been learning the process of building apps. I hope I’m asking this correctly, but I’d like to know if there is a way to add multiple data entries to a single row or link sub rows to a parent row? I have an app that runs a site assessment that recommends certain units for installation given certain circumstances, and another that adds new customers to a database. I’d like to be able to add a series of assessments to the same customer without overwriting data. Whether it is in the form of a new row that is linked to the Parent row or if data can be concatenated into a single cell. I’d like to have the ability to look at old assessments and orders as well as add new assessments to the same customer as needed.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 1 536
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jnowell,

Wlecome to the AppSheet community.

You have mentioned “Whether it is in the form of a new row that is linked to the Parent row” and “link sub rows to a parent row?”

Yes, this is very much available in AppSheet. You may wish to take a look at the following article

Also there are various sample apps that you may refer to understand the concept. One of them to understand the reference concept implementation in a simple manner is
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/A-basic-demo-of-table-references?appGuidString=6ffad040-b04a-4325-a...

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jnowell,

Wlecome to the AppSheet community.

You have mentioned “Whether it is in the form of a new row that is linked to the Parent row” and “link sub rows to a parent row?”

Yes, this is very much available in AppSheet. You may wish to take a look at the following article

Also there are various sample apps that you may refer to understand the concept. One of them to understand the reference concept implementation in a simple manner is
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/A-basic-demo-of-table-references?appGuidString=6ffad040-b04a-4325-a...

Hope this helps

Top Labels in this Space