Autofill in forms

Hy,

So I know this one is possible because it is done automatically, but I want to know how to reproduce it.

So I have a view of Projects (1). If I click on one of the projects it takes me to a view where I have the header name of the project and a list (deck view) of the tasks on it. I made an action to add new tasks to this project (2), and the button takes me to the view of a form to add new Tasks (3). In this form you I have to fill in the name of the project, but given that I am coming from within a Project, it would be much more user friendly if this field would be autofill with the name of the project I opened the form from.

Fun enough, this happens when, if I scroll to the last task, there are the New (adauga) and View (vizualizare) system created buttons (which I canโ€™t find where they are in behavior). So here, if I hit New (adauga) (4) it takes me to a form that adds tasks, where the name of the Project is already filled in (5).

How can I do the same with my button? (I want this adding button to bu up on the page so you donโ€™t have to scroll to the end of the list to add tasks). Is there such a formula to add as initial value in the Project column of the tasks table? (if previous view was a project detail view that set project name as the name of that project in the previous view โ€ฆ ) or any other ideas? How does the New button do it?

Thank you,
Sorin

Solved Solved
0 8 1,178
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LINKTOFORM(โ€œNew Hireโ€, โ€œCarrier Typeโ€, [Carrier type]) - no quotes around the last one.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You can use LINKTOFORM deep link with the syntax LINTOFORM(โ€œYourChildTableFormViewNameโ€,โ€œParentIDColumnNameโ€,[KeyColumn])

Got it, it works

But I get this yellow triangle attention mark? Do you know whatโ€™s up with it?

I get it in other places too, I was now writing a question about itโ€ฆ

The yellow triangle means that the reference is broken. Meaning that โ€œShorsUp 2โ€ value is not in your parent record (key columnโ€™s value).

True, i didnโ€™t put the right names of columns in the formula, but now I looked closer into the linkform syntax and figured it out.

Thank you @Aleksi

Youโ€™re welcome

Iโ€™m trying to do exactly the same thing, but my syntax โ€œLINKTOFORM(โ€œNew Hireโ€, โ€œCarrier Typeโ€, โ€œInventory[Carrier type]โ€)โ€ returns an error, any advice here?

LINKTOFORM(โ€œNew Hireโ€, โ€œCarrier Typeโ€, [Carrier type]) - no quotes around the last one.

That worked, thanks so much!

Top Labels in this Space