Address bug new update

Hi Guys

in order to create and address on my apps, I use the formula

=J24&" โ€œ&K24&โ€ "&L24

this combines the columns to make an address. On the app, markers are at the right address but when I click on the car link to google maps, the address is entered but instead of a space between street suburb and state there is a % so the address is not recognised in maps. This only occurs on IOS devices with todayโ€™s appsheet update and when checked on my windows laptop its works as normal.

Thanks.

P.S, Iโ€™m an Arborist and not very tech savvy so please go easy!

0 4 220
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

I would suggest converting the spreadsheet formula to an Appsheet formula. It is very easy, practically the same expression, just replace J24,K24,L24 with the column namesโ€ฆ

[col1] & " " & [col2] & " " & [col3]

Put that in an App Formula.

Hi Chris,

I am not sure this is relevant, but in case you were not aware.

If you are constructing an address from a combination of Street, City, State, and Zip fields then Appsheet can do this automatically. See topic โ€œAutomatically Computed Address Fieldโ€ in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1013271-column-types-diving-deeper

Appsheet will automatically recognize that the combined fields form a single address. It will also automatically add a Lat/Long virtual column that contains the GPS coordinates computed from the address.

Oh cool, I didnโ€™t know that either.

Hi @Phil,
I went and tried this just now, it did indeed add a _ComputedAddress virtual column!
However it did not add any Lat/Long columns, and the article you linked does not reference this aspect either.

Top Labels in this Space