Allow Appsheet Access to MySQL on Amazon VPC?...

Allow Appsheet Access to MySQL on Amazon VPC?

Hi There. The MySQL on my local NAS died so Iโ€™m desperately trying to setup an instance in Amazonโ€™s RDS. Iโ€™ve got the database set up there but run into a roadblock allowing AppSheet access to it. I put in my user credentials (Iโ€™ve tested they all work with MySQL workbench) but AppSheet canโ€™t connect.

OK so I googled and found an instruction from AppSheet on how to connect to an Amazon RDS โ€œUsing MySQL on Amazon RDSโ€ but it describes setting up a Security Group which seems to be a legacy system no longer supported. It seems to have been dropped and new users now use VPCs. I canโ€™t find any instructions on how to allow access through the VPC. I have searched through here and canโ€™t seem to find anything either. Can someone give guidance please.

0 7 699
7 REPLIES 7

OK I got it working. Not sure the exact step which fixed it but it works now. If I can work out which step fixed it Iโ€™ll post here.

For completeness Iโ€™ll post here what I did: In the Amazon Web Services console select RDS service (under Database).

Select Instances on the left panel

Select your instance

Scroll down to the Details section and under the heading โ€œSecurity groupsโ€ click on the link with โ€œwizardโ€ mid string.

On the resulting window select the security group in the top list and โ€œInboundโ€ tab in the bottom section then hit the Edit button to add an entry. Done!

Top Labels in this Space