Allow only meat column to save if value is not available in the same table and archive data table.

Hi Team, I have made an app where QR code is being scanned everyday (30-50) and archived everyday as part of document generated. My QR code is my unique value and also key column in the table. When I scan QR code everything works fine , it does not allow duplicate as per requirement. But if once I archive the data then I try to scan the same value it allows the value to save which I does not want so I want to look in to archive data as well as current column to allow only unique value once and also it will help me to catch the duplicate values. Any help will be appreciated. 

Solved Solved
0 6 157
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You will need to use a Valid If expression for the column that receives the scanned QR code. The expression should confirm that the scanned QR code does not exist in the archive table. The Valid If expression would look something like this:

NOT(IN([_THIS], Archive Table[Archive QR Code]))

Replace Archive Table with the name of the archive table, an Archive QR Code with the name of the column in the archive table that contains the scanned QR ode.

Check form input validity (Valid_If) - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

By archive do you mean that you move that data to another table?

Simon@1minManager.com

Yes

Sounds like you have a Valid_IF formula that looks at the main table but not also at the table where you archive the data.

I don’t have any valid if formula. It helps me because my Unique is column is my key column and appsheet does not allow repetition of key value once saved. But I want to look in to archive table also so my purpose will be fullfilled. 

Looks like a simple problem, Is there any solution? Appreciate any expert response. 

You will need to use a Valid If expression for the column that receives the scanned QR code. The expression should confirm that the scanned QR code does not exist in the archive table. The Valid If expression would look something like this:

NOT(IN([_THIS], Archive Table[Archive QR Code]))

Replace Archive Table with the name of the archive table, an Archive QR Code with the name of the column in the archive table that contains the scanned QR ode.

Check form input validity (Valid_If) - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space