Allow user to choose which columns will be shown in Table View?

A table have many optional fields to be filled by user. By using โ€œShow Ifโ€ I made it possible for user to select which fields he want to input and hide all other fields from Form View. But then, can I dynamically hide fields, that user selected to be not shown, from the Table View? If thereโ€™s no way to achieve this, any suggestions?
If I had only couple optional fields, I could just use couple extra Table Views to switch between them, but I have 10+ optional fields for this table.
P. S. One more question: โ€œQuick Edit modeโ€ for Table View allows to edit records, but thereโ€™s no way to add new record (new row) from Table View, correct?
Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 2 366
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope. The brute-force workaround is to have a view configured for every possible combination of columns, then display the view that corresponds to the userโ€™s preference. That would be horrific to implement and maintain, though.

Correct.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope. The brute-force workaround is to have a view configured for every possible combination of columns, then display the view that corresponds to the userโ€™s preference. That would be horrific to implement and maintain, though.

Correct.

Thatโ€™s what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thank you, Steve!
I hope AppSheet will give us more control over the interface / more flexibility in the future.

Top Labels in this Space