Am I able to assign more than one user to vie...

Am I able to assign more than one user to view a specific row of data in my data table?

e.g. I want two emails to view specific rows of data instead of just 1 email address.

I tried to separate with โ€œ,โ€ or โ€œ;โ€ between email addresses, but I donโ€™t see the data now.

0 10 431
10 REPLIES 10

If I add another Email field called Captain Email2 and my security filter is: OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]), USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email],USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email2]) Would this work? Allow both emails to view that line of data?

@Tina_Cheng You expression should work. Managers will be able to see all rows, Captain\Captain2 will only see their rows.

@Tina_Cheng as your captain column is having more than one email you must use IN(USERMAIL(), Captain). Hope you get my point.

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet it doesnโ€™t work.

Iโ€™m able to see ALL rows. My email is t_cheng@cais.org. I should only be able to see 2 rows. My name is not included in the Managers table as well. I added two columns: one for Captain email and another column for Captain email2. My email is listed in Captain email 2 for the top 2 rows and this expression doesnโ€™t work.

@Challa_Ramakrishna Hm, sorry it doesnโ€™t work still: OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]), USEREMAIL(),[Captain Email])?? Do I separate emails with comma in the same cell? Iโ€™m trying it this way where the emails are combined and also separated in two columns.

Iโ€™m going to re-ask my question.

The pic below is what my datafile looks likes. This is my security filter expression.

OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]), USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email],USEREMAIL()=[Captain Email2])

My email is: t_cheng@cais.org and I see ALL rows of data now even though my name is not part of the manager file. I should only see the top 2 rows of data.

The expression seems like it should work, but Iโ€™m not sure what is going on. Thank you.

@Tina_Cheng You can test your expression to understand which part returns true: In the expression editor click the โ€˜testโ€™ button. Find a row that has an unexpected result (a Y instead of a N in this case), and click the blue icon on the left side to dig into the expression result. This should help you under stand what went wrong.

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet I figure out the issue. The expression was indeed correct, but the expression doesnโ€™t like that I had a bunch of blank cells in Captain Email2, so I added none to those cells and now it works!

Thanks!

Glad to hear you figured it out! Youโ€™re welcome.

Late reply and you already got it sorted out, but how about if you make the [Captain email] column EnumList-type, add the emails there comma separated, and then check against that column with IN(useremail(), [Captain email]) function? That way it should work like you originally intended with just 1 column

Top Labels in this Space