Any Updates on Google Voice Integrations? SMS?

Last I read there is no integration or way to use google voice with Appsheet except for a url to call someone? Is this true? I’d be especially interested in sms/messaging capabilities, or even just a link to the chat history.

I am working on dispatching app for company using Google voice for all communications with customers for jobs in app.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
2 6 450
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no built-in support for Google Voice or Chat.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no built-in support for Google Voice or Chat.

@Steve

Understood, thank you for your prompt response.

In that case my plan is…

1. Enable Google voice texts forwarding to email
  2. Incoming google voice emails to table with column containing reference by phone number to customer (phone number in last character of subject line) with sheets add on (Export to Emails to Google Sheets easily with this email parser - YouTube)
  3. Use Appsheet email response capabilities to reply to email with response (sends text)
  4. Copy employee response to email table (preserve communication timeline in both directions) with reference to customer

As long as customers initiate conversation from google voice, all communication by text could be done through Appsheet (in theory), and every customer record would have their related texts.

Do you see any problems in this method?

Thank you.

I have no experience with that process to export Gmail to AppSheet, so I can’t speak to it.

@Steve Thanks again for your replies they are so valuable on this forum.

Would a better method be to use a Google app script, or what process would you recommend to export gmail to sheets in real-time?

I’d prefer to stay away from Zapier.

Thanks! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

This type of integration is well outside my experience. Perhaps @tsuji_koichi, @MultiTech_Visions, or @Marc_Dillon have suggestions?

I’m not sure exactly what the question is here.

I havepreviously written a Google Apps Script to translate emails from GMail into a GSheet for Appsheet to read. It was fairly straightforward.

Top Labels in this Space