Use appsheet image link generated in google sheets

Hello all,

I have an App with an Image column where people will upload images.

I don’t wanna use those images in the app itself. I want the people who view the google sheets to be able to click on the link. However, I tried searching everywhere and I can’t finde how to transform the resulting string from this image column in a clickable link.

The result I get from the image is:

{image folder name}/https—{my enterprise website link}_6958011946673324488.Foto.120239.jpg

Can someone help me out on this one?

0 10 787
10 REPLIES 10

Tsuji, Thank you so much for your answer, but even with that detailed explanation I wasn’t able to make it work. Can you please help me some more? In the Expression, the ONLY thing I need to replace is the column name? (meaning I can leave “AppName”, “Table” and “Table Name” as they are, and not replace them for the actual names wrapped in single quotes? And the biggest question: Where do I put this formula? I tried the “formula” field for my image column, and I tried replacing & not replacing names of tables, whichever way, I lose the property of the column inside the app, it stops showing me the clickable CAM to take and upload pictures…

I wonder if there isn’t a good sample app / template that shows how to do this.

Change the columns T: T by the position of your columns in the text string you receive.

put your application name and table name.

=SI(T:T<>"";CONCATENAR(“https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=”; ENCODEURL(“NAME OF YOUR APP”); “&tableName=”; ENCODEURL(“NAME OF YOUR TABLE”); “&fileName=”; ENCODEURL(+T:T));"")

Thanks a lot for your reply… It generated a valid link, but it leads me to a page with the message: " Server error: 404 - File or directory not found. - The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Can someone please please help me out on this topic? Very big issue for me, still clueless…

I wish I could help. I think we need a sample app but I don’t know of one right now and don’t have time to make one. Sorry.

I can, however, give you a sample URL that works. Perhaps analyzing the URL will help you.

![](upload://5jvkg1LvwbIanx9CSIGWPdpq5fq.jpeg)

3X_2_5_253f51aa5954dc656b3a39960f828e8ceef001b0.jpeg

@tsuji_koichi 's tip is very good. The method he recommendeds is now a very important part of my app.

Thanks! For some reason my URL got messed up. I think the sample app is probably the best way to learn.

By the way, in a class I teach I have many students using copies of a free app I made. This week, they are all required to do a little assignment the involves a screenshot that they add to a record in their apps. I collate all of the data in a spreadsheet which has a “published” version that all can see. As you can see in the following image, I can display all of the submitted screenshots, including links to more detailed views of the images as follows:

Top Labels in this Space