Anyone knows how to insert a line-break as an

Anyone knows how to insert a line-break as an expression ?

Iโ€™m trying to setup an action to send email externally and Iโ€™d like the body for the email to consist of several column results but ideally they should be broken into separate lines.

Thanks in advanceโ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 14 9,552
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CONCATENATE( [ColumnA],"

โ€œ,[ColumnB],โ€

",[ColumnC])

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

CONCATENATE( [ColumnA],"

โ€œ,[ColumnB],โ€

",[ColumnC])

Dear friend,
How can i break the line after route?

CONCATENATE([Airline],[FLT],"/",TEXT([Date],"DD"),".",[REG],".",LEFT([Route],3),
"DL",LEFT([D1],2),"/",LEFT([D2],3),"/",LEFT([D3],3),"/",[DT1],"/",[DT2],"/",[DT3]
)

thanks in advance.

@Aleksi_Alkio @Aleksi_Alkio

That did it! Thanks!!

Do you know know if thereโ€™s a limit as to how many lines of code can be managed by an input requiring an expression in Appsheet?

It depends. Best way is to test it.

@Aleksi_Alkio

I did test it and it seems like there is a limit. I have approx 120 columns but once I add blank line breaks it adds up to almost 150 lines of code. Iโ€™ve tried different arrangements and combinations but it always freezes at similar points.

Hi Iโ€™m trying to do a similar thing, I would like the column values from my table to display on separate lines within an action email. IS that possible?

I am using the following:

CONCATENATE(โ€œHi Nameโ€, โ€œ, I am interested in the following,โ€

โ€œ,[Column A],โ€

โ€œ,[Column B],โ€

โ€œ,[Column C],โ€

โ€œOn these dates:,โ€)

However, only the long text line displays.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps ; instead of ,

and there are also two types of double quotes, maybe you need to use the other one.

Also a screenshot of the result from your formula will help yhe community narrow the possibilities

@OptimiX_XcrY - Thanks

See attached the resulting email.

If I use this it pulls the data into the email but it looks terrible:

CONCATENATE(โ€œHi NAMEโ€, โ€œ, I am interested in the following shift, โ€œ,[Hospital],[Month],[Shift ID],โ€, On these dates:โ€ )

Iโ€™m aware of the alternative type of double quote, are you able to provide an example?

Thanks

I think that this line break does not work in email workflows.

If you want to test this, create a visible VC in your table with the same concatenate formula, and see if that shows fine.

I donโ€™t remember why, but in most if my simple emails workflows I used email body templates, they are simpler to build ( no concatenates, just simple space, enter,etc)

Below is an example of one of my VCs , that shows fine in app.

Did you tried the ; instead of , ?

Hi, yes I did but with no change in result. Thanks for the useful suggestions.

The issue with using a workflow is that it requires a data change to trigger the email. In this instance, there is no change to the data, the trigger is the user clicking the email icon.

I canโ€™t think of a suitable workaround.

Hello! I know this is an old topic, and I donโ€™t know if this is still relevant, butโ€ฆ

If you need a data change as an event to trigger a bot to send an email, you couldโ€ฆ

i) add a column to the table your action (the email icon) is applied to (say, for example, a yes/no column) and have your action โ€œset the values of some columns in this rowโ€ (changing the value from yes to no and vice versa), and have your event be an UPDATES_ONLY data change to that specific column

ii) create a new table, use your action (the email icon) to โ€œadd a new row to another table using values from this rowโ€, and have your event be an ADDS_ONLY data change to this table

Doesnโ€™t seem to work in a table in a template, either (linebreaks mid-quote).

Top Labels in this Space