App Launchers, Common Data, and Table Regeneration

I have been looking into multiple task focused apps that access the same data, as opposed to one HUGE app with all the same features. The benefit of the multiple apps is faster load and sync times since it would theoretically be dealing with a limited dataset. The negative side of this is, if by chance i update the schema of a data source, i have to remember how many apps may be touching the data source.

Does appsheet have some semblance of application linking so that apps that share a common data source can have their table structure regenerated at the same time?

Solved Solved
0 1 99
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately no, it's a bit of a pain.

One advantage of using Appsheet-Databases is a feature that tell you which apps each table is loaded into.

And an advantage of using a SQL database is that you don't necessarily need to regenerate if you add columns to a table, as it still works on the old set of columns, unlike with a spreadsheet source.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Unfortunately no, it's a bit of a pain.

One advantage of using Appsheet-Databases is a feature that tell you which apps each table is loaded into.

And an advantage of using a SQL database is that you don't necessarily need to regenerate if you add columns to a table, as it still works on the old set of columns, unlike with a spreadsheet source.

Top Labels in this Space