App Upgrade process flaky

When I use the App Upgrade option it doesn't copy the assigned users from the old app to the new app. This does not facilitate a seamless app upgrade process.

If I copy all assigned users from the previous app, it won't allow me to paste in the user list if it exceeds 20. If you are going to limit it to 20 users then you should provide some mechanism for us to copy 20 users from the list?

Solved Solved
0 1 76
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FWIW, I think the Upgrade an app - AppSheet Help feature is actually purposely (and, from my perspective, helpfully) designed to leave intact the list of users with access to the instance of the app that's being upgraded. A typical scenario is to upgrade an app being actively used from a copy of the app that had some new features developed and was only being used by the app creator, co-authors, and maybe a small number of beta testers. I wouldn't want my production app's allowlist to be modified to based on the allowlist of the app instance used as the source of the upgrade.

There may still be a need to more easily copy a list of users from one app to another and otherwise flexibly manage allowlists and user access.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FWIW, I think the Upgrade an app - AppSheet Help feature is actually purposely (and, from my perspective, helpfully) designed to leave intact the list of users with access to the instance of the app that's being upgraded. A typical scenario is to upgrade an app being actively used from a copy of the app that had some new features developed and was only being used by the app creator, co-authors, and maybe a small number of beta testers. I wouldn't want my production app's allowlist to be modified to based on the allowlist of the app instance used as the source of the upgrade.

There may still be a need to more easily copy a list of users from one app to another and otherwise flexibly manage allowlists and user access.

Top Labels in this Space