App acting differently on iOS vs. Android. N...

App acting differently on iOS vs. Android.

Normally this wouldnโ€™t surprise me, but in this case it does.

So,

in a I have a spot where an action icon open a form for edit, very simple, and works as expected in Android.

Opening a referenced view (deck view layout) youโ€™ll see the Class Name, Student Name and 2 action icons (mark present & reference link to student).

1. Clicking on the record space opens the Detail page where youโ€™ll find the Mark Present action icon. 2) Clicking on the mark present action icon opens a form, pre filled. 3) clicking on the reference to student link opens the student record.

On iOS, when I click on the mark present icon it opens the record detail page. On Android, when I click on the mark present icon it opens the form, pre filled.

When I try to โ€œback outโ€ to the starting view using the BACK Arrow at the top, it passes through the editable form, asking me to โ€œcontinue or discardโ€ my changes.

anyone else seen this?

0 8 380
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

@praveen Yes sir, you read it correctly.

I had syncโ€™d the app before use, just to make sureโ€ฆ and then again when I saw it was acting strange.

Iโ€™ll have to try the Safari browser nextโ€ฆ

Problem is that I donโ€™t have an iOS myself. The phone i was using is the clients. Iโ€™ll see him again tomorrow. Iโ€™ll let you know.

Thanks so much for the time Praveen.

Im looking into the AutoSave form elementโ€ฆ

UPDATE

not the autosave featureโ€ฆ itโ€™s turned off.

#open

If I read it correctly, the app works correctlu in a browser and on Android but not on iOS. Hmm. Could you try a couple of things:

a) perhaps you have an old version of your app on iOS โ€” a sync would be worth doing

b) could you try running the app in Mobile Safari โ€” does that have the correct or wrong behavior?

Im looking into the AutoSave form elementโ€ฆ

UPDATE

not the autosave featureโ€ฆ itโ€™s turned off.

#open

If I read it correctly, the app works correctlu in a browser and on Android but not on iOS. Hmm. Could you try a couple of things:

a) perhaps you have an old version of your app on iOS โ€” a sync would be worth doing

b) could you try running the app in Mobile Safari โ€” does that have the correct or wrong behavior?

@praveen Yes sir, you read it correctly.

I had syncโ€™d the app before use, just to make sureโ€ฆ and then again when I saw it was acting strange.

Iโ€™ll have to try the Safari browser nextโ€ฆ

Problem is that I donโ€™t have an iOS myself. The phone i was using is the clients. Iโ€™ll see him again tomorrow. Iโ€™ll let you know.

Thanks so much for the time Praveen.

Top Labels in this Space