App does not update in browser

Iโ€™ve tried both Edge and Chrome on multiple PC, and the app does not update, after I do changes to it.

Clearing browser cookies and incognito mode does help, but some of the users who will use this when deployed is close to computer illiterate, soโ€ฆ yeah. And doing that after each time I update the app on multiple PCโ€™s does not seem like a good option.

Any ideas how to circumvent this?

0 10 480
10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Thank you for the tip, but Iโ€™m just in prototype yet, so I would not bother them as a non-paying customer.

The mobile app works fine. Itโ€™s only in the browsers, some cookie issue maybe. The browser just reuses the old version, and doesnโ€™t load the new.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by โ€œdoes not updateโ€? Data changes made in the app arenโ€™t making it to the spreadsheet? Data changes from one device arenโ€™t seen by the other? App configuration changes arenโ€™t making it to the devices? Are there any error or warning messages?

Have you tried to manually sync the app?

Do you have a stable version assigned that needs to be updated?

Yeah sure. Thanks.

Iโ€™m in prototype and iterates the app quickly, while my coworkers tries it out. I save the app and it works fine on mobile devices. In browsers though, it doesnโ€™t update until I clean the cookies or go into incognito mode. App configuration changes, new views I add, doesnโ€™t make it to the browser.

Ohhh I just saw the app upgrade button. I had no idea! Iโ€™ll try and see if that works.

Thanks for the nudge!

That shouldnโ€™t be necessary.

Have you tried sync?

Sync on start is on, if that is what you mean.

Iโ€™m just a few days old here, sorry if I misunderstood

I mean the sync button in the upper right corner of the app screen:

3X_b_7_b71c1d70fc9983aa1407f0ec93f0628533d3a56f.png

Iโ€™ll try and dig around some more, here at home it worked, at work it didnโ€™tโ€ฆ hmmโ€ฆ

Thank you for the input! I learned a bit more

Force refresh with Ctrl-F5

For me that would work, but for the computer illiterate, itโ€™s like magic.

Top Labels in this Space