App error due Google Malware error, cannot find a solution anywhere.

Hi,

I've built an app for our company, and have been successfully using it for a while now. The data source is around 8 spreadsheets on google drive. It's a relatively simple booking app, with courses, and jobs as the transaction data, with staff being the supporting data. 

Today we get this error upon loading the app:

Unable to fetch app definition. Error: Data table 'Staff' is not accessible due to: Cannot read data of table 'FLCBOOKINGSAPP-1001042391:1.001670:Staff'. This file has been identified as malware or spam and cannot be downloaded..

When looking at the googlesheet directly on the drive, I do not see this error, not that I'd know what to do even if I did see it. I'm actually getting this error for two tables: "Staff" and "Jobs", which are two tabs within the same file.

This has stopped the use of the system that we've become reliant on, and I cannot seem to find anything about this Malware error. Can anyone help?

Solved Solved
0 1 540
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I converted the .xlsx to google sheet by just using the save as google sheet.
I then re-pointed the tables to the new source

Seems that Google doesn't mark it's own format files as Malware, just because it's got email addresses in it. Sorted.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I converted the .xlsx to google sheet by just using the save as google sheet.
I then re-pointed the tables to the new source

Seems that Google doesn't mark it's own format files as Malware, just because it's got email addresses in it. Sorted.

Top Labels in this Space