AppSheet and Stripe Integration

Hi,

Wondering if it's possible to process payments through AppSheet with Stripe? I have reached out to Stripe support and they said that AppSheet is integrated with Stripe but could not provide specific steps to implement. They advised to ask AppSheet on how to make this work.

Please provide any instructions if this is possible.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,056
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It could be that AppSheet has dedicated ready-made integration in the works but nothing has been provided to us as App Creators yet.

Nevertheless,  AppSheet does provide capabilities to submit data to external services that support RESTful API's - which I believe Stripe does.  You will need to:

• setup an account with Stripe.
  • obtain the proper service credentials/integration details from Stripe.
  • insert those integration details into your AppSheet app to allow access to that service.
  • Create an automation in AppSheet that uses the webhook just setup.
  • Develope the proper JSON syntax to be submitted to Stripe for the payment details you are trying to send.

For more details you can start with article:

Introduction to Webhooks

Note that the last step bulleted above is where you will be spending a LOT of time.  You will need to lean on Stripe documentation heavily to understand how to properly format the JSON code that is submitted to their service.

Alternatively, you could use an Integration service such as Zapier or Integromat.  The benefit is that they can abstract away a lot of the grunt work you will need to do manually in AppSheet to properly construct your JSON code.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It could be that AppSheet has dedicated ready-made integration in the works but nothing has been provided to us as App Creators yet.

Nevertheless,  AppSheet does provide capabilities to submit data to external services that support RESTful API's - which I believe Stripe does.  You will need to:

• setup an account with Stripe.
  • obtain the proper service credentials/integration details from Stripe.
  • insert those integration details into your AppSheet app to allow access to that service.
  • Create an automation in AppSheet that uses the webhook just setup.
  • Develope the proper JSON syntax to be submitted to Stripe for the payment details you are trying to send.

For more details you can start with article:

Introduction to Webhooks

Note that the last step bulleted above is where you will be spending a LOT of time.  You will need to lean on Stripe documentation heavily to understand how to properly format the JSON code that is submitted to their service.

Alternatively, you could use an Integration service such as Zapier or Integromat.  The benefit is that they can abstract away a lot of the grunt work you will need to do manually in AppSheet to properly construct your JSON code.

I hope this helps!

Thank you. I'm working to see if I can make this work with Zapier.

I think that Stripe sales reps misunderstanded your question because in fact AppSheet is integrated with Stripe but for their own billing

Yes, I found that to be the case.

Top Labels in this Space