AppSheet scalability. Millions rows?

Hi,

Can someone please guide me. I am doing app for warehouse management and we would need to manage all the fulfillments. Biggest database would be with fulfillments. Each fulfillment would have on average 5-10 of reference rows of data with around 30 columns each. I would estimate we need a 100-200k rows/year. Maybe even more.

AppSheet Database has a limit of 50,000 rows per table.

However I found Data partitioning help page. Can someone please explain me how it works? I don't really understand. When one table filled up, AppSheet switches to the second one and then to the third one etc?

Or should I just go with AWS DynamoDB? I would prefer to stick with AppSheet database if it is possible.

Thank you!

1 3 183
3 REPLIES 3

Why is ASDB your first choice? My first choice for that amount of records would be a proper cloud SQL database, and Security Filters. My 2nd choice would be a GSheet with an integrated archival App Script to move rows off to another disconnected archive spreadsheet.

Thank you! I am definitely going to use MySQL. I just did not understand how this Data partitioning works ๐Ÿ™‚

You can think the partition like this.. lets assume you have 10 different locations (warehouses). Now the app user selects one of those warehouses from Usersettings. The app then reads data from a partition, which belongs to that warehouse. What this means.. Data sources (tables) need to have exact column structure because the app reads only one of them depending on the app user's selection.

Top Labels in this Space