Calendar language

Hi, are the date input (calendar) configurable for displaying language according to locale?

Like the date input calendar, are the month name is configurable according to mobile locale setting?

aijac1314_0-1695652552157.png

0 4 224
4 REPLIES 4

Under table settings, each Table has the ability to set its locale.  See image.  This will automatically adjust the formatting of both Dates and numerical values within the app.

The input control for Dates, the popup that allows selection of the desired date, is controlled by the device.  In some cases this is true for entry of numerical values.  Most mobile devices allow you to customize, to a certain extent, what is used for input of these field types.

The AppSheet editor is different.  I am not sure if it changes based on locale settings - you can test it by setting the locale within your Browser, if not already changed.

To truly test what the input controls will look like for users, you will want to test on a device they will be using, configured in the way they will be using it.  Don't depend on the editor which can and is different in several ways.

Locale Settings

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 11.19.31 AM.png

Hi Willow, firstly, thank you for the advice, actually I would like the calendar to show (during input), the Month is displaying Chinese instead of en, below is the thing that I have tried:

1. The data table's locale is set as Chinese 
  2. Google Sheet setting, the locale is set as Chinese 
  3. I run the app in iPad's Appsheet app, so I set the device language as Chinese, and the region as Taiwan.

Unfortunately, the calendar that was listed while inputting Date, the calendar still remains EN.

I also tried to restart the iPad after listing, but the problem remains.

@aijac1314 wrote:

I also tried to restart the iPad after listing, but the problem remains.

Check your iPad Calendar settings under "Language & Region".  In my case, I have 3 Calendar settings Gregorian, Japanese and Buddhist.  Maybe you have others?

There are posts and youtube videos on how to add other calendars.  I'm not sure if these change the calendar input control.

I hope this helps!

Ya, I do check on that, I got the same 3 options, but too bad, non of them is related to the calendar's language.

Top Labels in this Space