AppUpgrade but.... same DB? same name?

Hello, 
I used the function App Upgrade.. but once I've upgraded the AppProd based on the AppDev,
the 2 were on the same datasource. 

Each application has his own Sheet as DB, but after the upgrade it is like both of them work on only 1 same datasource

If the user add something in AppDev, this was added in Prod and vice versa. 

Why? It does not make sense..

Another thing, why the name is updated too? 

Thanks!

0 4 71
4 REPLIES 4

@DroidTeo wrote:

the 2 were on the same datasource. 
If the user add something in AppDev, this was added in Prod and vice versa. 

Why? It does not make sense..

Why doesn't that make sense? You just said they use the same data source. So if you add a record from one app, it goes to the shared data source, which then can be seen in the other app.

@DroidTeo wrote:

Another thing, why the name is updated too? 

Because that's how the App Upgrade function works.

@Marc_Dillon 

as I said, the 2 apps use the same datasource after the upgrading, so it wasn't the case before of this. 

Each application has his own Sheet as DB, but after the upgrade it is like only 1 datasource

What exactly is your question? I'm obviously not understanding.

Are you saying that before you upgraded, adding a record in one app, it also showed up in the other, even though they were separate sources? That is highly unlikely, and if it happened, I'd say you didn't actually separate your sources like you thought you did.

Or you seem to maybe be asking why they are the same source after you upgraded? Again, because that's how the upgrade function works, it literally overwrites all the definition of one app with another, including the paths to the data sources.

Here's a little bit of guidance navigating the issue you encountered:  Re: AppSheet Office Hours: App Lifecycle Managemen... - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space