Apply show-if constraints everywhere except forms?

How to do please ?

Solved Solved
0 15 1,154
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks a lot to both of you. Your ideas especially helped me. The correct logical formula is therefore:

OR ( AND ( [pc_caisse]=“Non conforme”,CONTEXT(“ViewType”)<>“Form” ) , CONTEXT(“ViewType”)=“Form”)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

@Palmbus_Palminfo
NOT(CONTEXT("ViewType")="Form")

Thank you, it works well in detail, but when I’m in the form, the constraint applies anyway!

@Palmbus_Palminfo
Do you want to display the column only in Form View? Please elaborate.

Permanently in the forms and conditionally in the other views.

Then you can simply set Show_if to FALSE for that column.

Yes, but in this case, can i impose show conditions for other views?

To hide a column in all views except forms, set the column’s Show_If to:

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "form"

To hide the column only in form views:

CONTEXT("ViewType") <> "form"

To show only in select specific views but hide in all others:

IN(CONTEXT("View"), LIST("MyTable_Form", "MyTable_Detail"))

Note the use of "View" versus "ViewType" with CONTEXT() in the above.

@Steve
Is there a reference doc for creating colored text? I have tried Markdown, BBCode or HTML but it didn’t worked out other than specific tags like <pre>, <code> etc. Thnx.

The colored text happens automatically when I begin and end my sample text with three consecutive backticks (```) on a separate line. The colorizing seems inconsistent.

Thnx for the info @Steve

@Palmbus_Palminfo
You don’t need to specify any condition for other views. It totally depends on selecting that column explicitly in the column order for that view i.e. Table or Detail

Thank you, it’s very nice, I will try your solutions. But for example, I would like the column to always appear as a form but only if it is “Not Compliant” in the other views. It does not work with my next formula, which is correct. The column disappears well in the detail view but also in the form!

and([pc_caisse]=“Non conforme”,CONTEXT(“ViewType”)<>“Form”)

Try instead:

or([pc_caisse]=“Non conforme”,CONTEXT(“ViewType”)=“Form”)

Thank you. With this solution, the column disappears as soon as you select “Non compliant” and therefore the user can change his mind and the worst is that it appears in detail, even if it is not equal to “Non conforme”. Something as simple as that, it makes me crazy not to do it.

Thanks a lot to both of you. Your ideas especially helped me. The correct logical formula is therefore:

OR ( AND ( [pc_caisse]=“Non conforme”,CONTEXT(“ViewType”)<>“Form” ) , CONTEXT(“ViewType”)=“Form”)

Top Labels in this Space