Apps not opening on correct View

Hello
I’m new to AppSheet and the forum. Would dearly love some help…

I have created a simple Timesheet App. I’d like it to open on the Form page. I thought I have done this in the UX Options menu (see below)

However for some reason every time it opens in the Menu view.
I’m having the same problem with multiple Apps I’ve made.

I wonder if I’m missing something obvious. Any help would be apprecaited.

Cheers
Carlin

0 8 174
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Carlin_M
Unfortunately Starting view no longer works as it used to.

Thanks Lynn for your reply.

Do you know if this is something that will be fixed? It really hampers the functionality of the App…

Sadly it seems to be a permanent change. May be we could put in a feature request to have it reinstated as an option. Not sure if anyone has yet.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks Steve.

I have tried updating the starting view in the UX options. Unfortunately it is still not working for me.

Interestingly it opens correctly on the phone preview display in Appsheet, however when I open the App on my phone it opens to a blank screen (with the different views at the bottom).

Do you have any suggestions? I’m using the dropdown, not a formula.

First, I’d like to make sure your grasping the severe limitation of Starting view: it ONLY takes effect THE VERY FIRST TIME the user uses the app. It DOES NOT take effect each time the user opens the app. Install app, open app first time, starting view does its thing, close app, open again, staring view does nothing. Please acknowledge you understand this.

Thanks Steve.
I didn’t know that.

I know no software is perfect but man Appsheet has so much potential but completely messed up the usability side of things.

Glide looks a lot better. I’m out.

There are no perfect application development tools, but with the right formulation of the problem, you can always find the right solution.
Why, for example, not use the web link from which the specific form is called?

Top Labels in this Space