Appsheet Aggregate column is very confusing

Hi All, 

I have two table for the app

Table one: Record (user will record the scan barcode in column C) 
The Total QTY column is total qty by barcode

2023-12-01 11_41_06-RECORD - Google Sheets.png

Table two: Record Details, user is able to add multiple product to a barcode, in column E it is a qty for each product in that barcode 

2023-12-01 11_40_51-RECORD - Google Sheets.png

On my Record view (as you can see on the table: Record) the column Total QTY has a formula =SUM(Record Details[QTY])

The issues is:

• XEP is supposed to have 13 qty but was added on the row of XER, showing 0
  • XER is supposed to have 6 qty but it seems like its a sum of XEP & XER and added to XEQ showing 19

What I have try:

I have try creating a virtual column called Total QTY on Record details and set the formula to 

=SUM(Record Details[QTY]) and on table Record I have set the formula to [Total QTY] but still doesn't work

Thanks in advance!

0 3 125
3 REPLIES 3

First of all your expression should be

SUM([Related Record Details][QTY]) (see the help doc on list dereference)

Secondly in the question of updates and recalculation, read this post.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Automatically-update-app-formulas/td-p/398851

Hi @MultiTech from @TeeSee1 reply, I have implement the update, but currently doesn't work, the total qty still look weird to me.

hellomotto_0-1701422071321.png

could you please help.

you should set SUM([Related Record Details][QTY])  to the Set thesse columns parameter.

Update timing is a different matter. When you add a child record, your SUM value does not get updated automatically if your sum column is a real column.

Top Labels in this Space