Appsheet Database issue with latlong field

I'm having an issue with the Appsheet Database Latlong field type, where when a registry is saved(either new or updated), the dots from the coordinates arent saved. 

Example:

Real coordinates: -26.2844405,-48.8413516

The app saves them as -262844405,-488413516, which in turn makes it impossible to update this specific row due to the invalid type.

It works fine if I use a Google Sheet as the database. I thought it might be related to formatting issues(I'm in Brazil, so we use dots where the americans use commas in numbers and vice versa, it's a common issue), but changing the localization didn't help.

Searching on google and in this Q&A hasnt yielded any progress so far.

Any help?

Solved Solved
0 9 404
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Database is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature ...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Appsheet Database is on beta mode. Do not use it while Appsheet launch officially

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Database is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature ...

Hi, but do you have an estimation as when this issue is going to be solved? Many people decided to join the new "database" and are a bit frustrated with these pitfalls.

I have no idea.

Sorry for the delay, I posted the question as I was leaving for our new years vacation and just came back today.

I'm new to appsheets and I thought that "preview" label was meant as a preview mode(like the views previewer in Appsheet dev mode), not the tool current development status. Thanks for clearing that.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@UPJoinville wrote:

I thought that "preview" label was meant as a preview mode(like the views previewer in Appsheet dev mode)

"Preview" also means "under development" for the app editor, too.

Greetings,
I always have the same problem saving coordinates. The App. has been active for some years but the problem remains.

Can anyone help me?

Hello,

I took a stab at reproducing the error and was not able. Please file a ticket with support so we can look at your app specifically.

I just checked my old test app and it's still happening.

Entering new data:

UPJoinville_0-1704193845445.png

How the app saves it in the appsheet database:

UPJoinville_1-1704193887224.png

The coordinates are almost correct, its just missing the dot after the first 2 numbers.

Top Labels in this Space