Appsheet creating duplicate views

AppSheet is creating UX views when they aren’t needed:

If I delete the tickets_Detail1 it is constantly recreated. Super annoying as I’m trying to reduce the clutter.

Its preferable to me to have manually created UX views, as I can filter out the generated UX views which are often redundant for me. Also, I can define icons for manually created views, which further helps identify them.

1 1 335
1 REPLY 1

Note: I did not test this, i’m going off of memory / how I recall AppSheet behaving for me in the past. If the below is wrong, then ignore me

If you linktoview() to a view that does not exist or has been hidden, AppSheet directs to an empty screen. Or more accurately, it directs to the view (as indicated in the app preview), but since the view does not exist it shows a blank screen. So, if AppSheet stopped creating UX views automatically, the consequence would be that users may be directed to a blank page / view that does not exist.

Is there a world where app creators could flip a switch that would prevent the automatic creation of views? I understand the handholding for new users, but it really becomes a nuisance when you are fluent in working within AppSheet.

@morgan
@praveen

Top Labels in this Space